The music stops | Syracusefan.com

The music stops

T

tee1222

Some bad news about the scripts for the music lists.
I received a 403 Forbidden error when trying to make an http request now.
Server does not want to respond anymore.
I keep talking, and she doesn't want to say hi back! :eek:

The party is probably over for now, but this is at the site's discretion and it's up to them, not me.
Anyway, it was a fun ride and we can still post great music.
:)

21023377.jpg

Some bad news about the scripts for the music lists.
I received a 403 Forbidden error when trying to make an http request now.
Server does not want to respond anymore.
I keep talking, and she doesn't want to say hi back! :eek:

The party is probably over for now, but this is at the site's discretion and it's up to them, not me.
Anyway, it was a fun ride and we can still post great music.
:)
That sucks. Hopefully somebody can fix that problem.

Never mind that, I think I know what the problem is and it might be good news!
The entertainment forum doesn't show up in public (signed out), so if that goes back online to the public, script should be able to run again. Possibly.

I might have missed it, but when will there be a 60's music thread?

I know all you young whippersnappers think that's your grandparent's music.

Best 10 years of pop music ever.
IMHO, the 60s were overrated . . . that is not to say they were bad, but I personally think both the 50s and the 70s produced better music (and I'm saying that as someone who came of age in the 80s, so it's not like I have "generational skin" in the game.

IMHO, the 60s were overrated . . . that is not to say they were bad, but I personally think both the 50s and the 70s produced better music (and I'm saying that as someone who came of age in the 80s, so it's not like I have "generational skin" in the game.

You obviously didn't ingest enough psychedelics.

You obviously didn't ingest enough psychedelics.
"if you got fcuked up enough, it sounded pretty good" actually scores points for my side of the argument

It isn't overrated imo. It was a pretty innovative period. Most of what followed in the 70's and later was derived from what came out of the 60's...post 64. Of course a lot of what came out of the 60's was derived from the mid to late 50's, and early blues, and black r&b.

I like music going all the way back to the late 30's swing stuff. I'm not of that generation, but the best lyrics were laid down by guys like the Gershwins, Berlin, Porter, Mercer, etc. I think the popular song lyrics of the 30's and early 40's were superior to almost anything that followed. Just talking lyrics here.

The 50's were okay..advent of rock (Louis Jordan was doing some early not called rock in the late 40's, but it was).

I think the 60's were better...but it's all good. To each their own.

Yea, really 65 is when the trippy stuff started. Pre-65 was still 50's music in many ways. Hence the classics I posted in the 60's thread like Louie Louie and Wild Thing.

Not to call him out specifically, because I am sure he is a great guy and all being a fellow Syracuse fan and Genessee loving Los Angelino, but Moqui posted the freaking Beach Boys in the 60s thread so...I am going to go ahead and discount his opinion on music from here forward.

I mean I like a LOT of different music. It is really hard for me not to like something. From folk to punk to metal to dub-step to ska to old BigBand and swing and old school rap, hell even some country etc... BUT I freakin HATE the beach boys. Gah. Just whiny surf silver spoon bitches...simple music...simple lyrics. Just mind-numbingly bad. It is inconceivable to me that they are in the R&RHOF. They are the epitome of made for money music. They are basically One Dimention or NKOTB to me. No use for it at all.

Seriously. If I were taking a cab home after I was told to stay the hell out of Malibu and the driver played the beach boys I would be be forced to walk.

/end rant

Yea, really 65 is when the trippy stuff started. Pre-65 was still 50's music in many ways. Hence the classics I posted in the 60's thread like Louie Louie and Wild Thing.

Not to call him out specifically, because I am sure he is a great guy and all being a fellow Syracuse fan and Genessee loving Los Angelino, but Moqui posted the freaking Beach Boys in the 60s thread so...I am going to go ahead and discount his opinion on music from here forward.

I mean I like a LOT of different music. It is really hard for me not to like something. From folk to punk to metal to dub-step to ska to old BigBand and swing and old school rap, hell even some country etc... BUT I freakin HATE the beach boys. Gah. Just whiny surf silver spoon bitches...simple music...simple lyrics. Just mind-numbingly bad. It is inconceivable to me that they are in the R&RHOF. They are the epitome of made for money music. They are basically One Dimention or NKOTB to me. No use for it at all.

Seriously. If I were taking a cab home after I was told to stay the hell out of Malibu and the driver played the beach boys I would be be forced to walk.

/end rant

Listen to Pet Sounds. It will change your opinion of the Beach Boys.

I guess you had to be there. :)

/end rant

;)

Only because I have serious respect for minicuse's musical knowledge/taste would I even consider listening. BUT...

I had a rough night and I hate the Beach Boys man. (Eagles too as a matter of fact)

Lyrically, I agree that the Beach Boys tend to be pretty insipid (with a few exceptions) . . . but I think that, musically, Brian Wilson might be the only authentic genius of the rock era. His compositions are so intricately layered and yet it all works together so perfectly - screw the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame; as a composer, he is up there with Aaron Copland, Duke Ellington, Charles Mingus, et al.

Lyrically, I agree that the Beach Boys tend to be pretty insipid (with a few exceptions) . . . but I think that, musically, Brian Wilson might be the only authentic genius of the rock era. His compositions are so intricately layered and yet it all works together so perfectly - screw the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame; as a composer, he is up there with Aaron Copland, Duke Ellington, Charles Mingus, et al.

I would make an argument for the genius of Frank Zappa.

Only because I have serious respect for minicuse's musical knowledge/taste would I even consider listening. BUT...

I had a rough night and I hate the Beach Boys man. (Eagles too as a matter of fact)
Eagles? :confused:
Hate the Eagles? :eek:

Eagles? :confused:
Hate the Eagles? :eek:

Dude, it was a reference. :confused: I did it twice. I would have thought on this board it would have been more welcomed. I know jeke got it.

As far as the Eagles I will relate this...when we were driving out here we got off I-40 for gas in Winslow. The station was on a corrner. And there was a like 78 I think F-350 flat-bed Ford. Too bad it was an indian looking dude driving it but still...

/end rant
That post saddens me.

Dude, it was a reference. :confused: I did it twice. I would have thought on this board it would have been more welcomed. I know jeke got it.

As far as the Eagles I will relate this...when we were driving out here we got off I-40 for gas in Winslow. The station was on a corrner. And there was a like 78 I think F-350 flat-bed Ford. Too bad it was an indian looking dude driving it but still...
Sorry if I misinterpreted.
I am an Eagles fan, and like most of their melodies.

Just a beautiful song.

The Eagles...call me a sentimental wimp, but I wore out this song on this album in the mid 70's, after my girlfriend of 7 years dumped me. I still think she made a mistake.

Played it at Skytop accompanied by many, many, Genny Cream Ales. A great break up song.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom