The new Chancellor's remarks today... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The new Chancellor's remarks today...

Just an added thought on this guy - there is no doubt that he is very very very smart. You don't get a clerkship with a Supreme Court justice without being exceptionally intelligent and without the ability to understand complex issues on a very deep level while still keeping the 'big picture' in clear focus. My grandfather clerked for the court and he is far and away the smartest person I've ever met despite my working in an industry that his its share of intellectual heavyweights (along with a large number of idiots). Unfortunately my genetic material seems to have sprung from a different side of the family tree :). Anyway, this is a qualification that may seem to have little to do with running the school - but I think it's far and away the best thing on his resume for what it says about his abilities. Can't wait to see what he does.

Very true what you say about Supreme Court clerks. I have been close friends with two of them... and they may have been the two smartest people I have ever known (and they were also both very nice people). There is a pretty rigorous screening process to get one of those clerk ships... because of the prestige they confer. I had the same reaction as you... when I first saw that on the new chancellor's resume.

And, BTW, both of my friends, although essentially lawyers by background... both went on to run very large organizations. which they did very successfully.

Good luck to the new Chancellor I was impressed by the video and hope he is ready to get to work in January. I will be interested to see which of former colleagues come to his inauguration ceremony at SU.

According to the 6 oclock news in Rochester, the guy was raised in Irondequoit and graduated from West Irondequoit High, which is where my son just graduated from in June. I love all of the Rochester connections to SU.
West Irondequoit High School? Does Irondequoit now have more than one HS, or are you referring to the mighty Charlotte Lakesiders to the west of Irondequoit? :)

West Irondequoit High School? Does Irondequoit now have more than one HS, or are you referring to the mighty Charlotte Lakesiders to the west of Irondequoit? :)

Irondequoit has 2 high schools, Eastridge High, and Irondequoit High, which is also known as West Irondequoit. There are 2 school districts in Irondequoit, West Irondequoit School district, which Irondequoit (or West Irondequoit) is the local high school and East Irondequoit which Eastridge is the local high school. A lot of people in Rochester dont know that there are 2 distinct districts in Irondequoit. I live in West Irondequoit, which is the better irondequoit, LOL. I learned this about Irondequoit when I moved here. Irondequoit (W Irondequoit) is also the aschool that David Walker graduated from.
Charlotte High is actually part of the Rochester City School district and is the northernmost sliver of the city.

Irondequoit has 2 high schools, Eastridge High, and Irondequoit High, which is also known as West Irondequoit. There are 2 school districts in Irondequoit, West Irondequoit School district, which Irondequoit (or West Irondequoit) is the local high school and East Irondequoit which Eastridge is the local high school. A lot of people in Rochester dont know that there are 2 distinct districts in Irondequoit. I live in West Irondequoit, which is the better irondequoit, LOL. I learned this about Irondequoit when I moved here. Irondequoit (W Irondequoit) is also the aschool that David Walker graduated from.
Charlotte High is actually part of the Rochester City School district and is the northernmost sliver of the city.
Twenty years later I still hate eastridge. Dirty soccer team back then

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom