The new helmet rule... | Syracusefan.com

The new helmet rule...

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
Any thoughts? Personally, I like it. In the last few years, we have seen players' helmets flying off all of the time. You could tell they weren't snapping them up. Now they have to come off of the field for a play. I think they got Goggins once on it.

I noticed that most of the time the players' helmets stayed on now. Funny how that worked out.

If a key player's helmet comes off and the team then calls timeout, do they still have to sit out the next play?

I don't like it. I think it should be at the official's discretion.

Please let's not give the zebras anything else to screw up.

I agree that players helmets flying off and watching players chase helmets then the player slowly jogging back to the huddle wasting time while they loosely put it back on, was an issue.

When it happens because the player doesn't snap it on or just loosely puts it on versus someone head hunting and trying to rip a players head off could the rule be abused as a strategy to take out a player for a crucial drive? Just wondering or is that way too far-fetched? I realize though that judging intent would put the game more in the refs hand which no one wants.

If a QB is hit and his lid comes off, having to put a cold QB in the game is really detrimental to the flow of the offense.

I agree that players helmets flying off and watching players chase helmets then the player slowly jogging back to the huddle wasting time while they loosely put it back on, was an issue.

When it happens because the player doesn't snap it on or just loosely puts it on versus someone head hunting and trying to rip a players head off could the rule be abused as a strategy to take out a player for a crucial drive? Just wondering or is that way too far-fetched? I realize though that judging intent would put the game more in the refs hand which no one wants.

I believe the rule is that if the helmet is taken off by the other team, you don't have to come off of the field. Of course, that would likely be a 15 yard penalty too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom