The News we've all been waiting for... | Syracusefan.com

The News we've all been waiting for...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Two coaches with extensive experience have joined head coach Doug Marrone’s staff. Steve Morrison, who has coached at the collegiate level for 10 years, and Donnie Henderson, who has worked NFL sidelines for 10 years and in the college ranks for 16, will work with the Syracuse defense, mentoring the linebacker and defensive backs, respectively. Defensive coordinator Scott Shafer will run the defense and assistant coach Tim Daoust will mentor the Orange defensive line.

http://www.suathletics.com/news/2012/2/8/FB_0208122553.aspx

and . . . . the news we've been waiting for . . . . ?????

same ole same ole- hire guys you know from past jobs

all i wanted this off season was a ADJUSTMENT on offense-it wasnt too much to ask imho-

maybe marrone has given up trying to develop a offense and hopes he can win with defense-

And John Anselmo, assistant HC/linebackers in 2011, will now mentor the . . .. . ?

Or, no change for John?

For the offense, it has been evident that Coach Marrone is counting on the Marrone/Hackett duo to get better year to year, growing into the job. For the specials, who knows what the thinking is.

And John Anselmo, assistant HC/linebackers in 2011, will now mentor the . . .. . ?

Or, no change for John?

Yeah that's what I'd like to see, how Marrone ends up arranging the staff.

Sounds like Anselmo will helping out Doug with ST. Wouldn't be surprised to see him continue to work in a minor role to Henderson with the safeties.

maybe he expects the offense to be even worse than the last 3 and hopes defense can win a few games

same ole same ole- hire guys you know from past jobs

all i wanted this off season was a ADJUSTMENT on offense-it wasnt too much to ask imho-

maybe marrone has given up trying to develop a offense and hopes he can win with defense-
Well you will get what you wanted.

Two coaches with extensive experience have joined head coach Doug Marrone’s staff. Steve Morrison, who has coached at the collegiate level for 10 years, and Donnie Henderson, who has worked NFL sidelines for 10 years and in the college ranks for 16, will work with the Syracuse defense, mentoring the linebacker and defensive backs, respectively. Defensive coordinator Scott Shafer will run the defense and assistant coach Tim Daoust will mentor the Orange defensive line.

http://www.suathletics.com/news/2012/2/8/FB_0208122553.aspx

Fine with me.

Shafer obviously feels comfortable with Morrison. Henderson was an NFL coordinator - he should provide some valuable insight.

With a lot of young guys who got some experience over the last two years - D. Davis, M. Robinson, Bromley, Spruill, R. Anderson, C. Lynch, B. Reddish, K. Lynn, Crume - with some talented true frosh - Wayne Morgan - and some DL JC players, I expect a lot of improvement on that side of the ball.

Why would we get more offensive coaches when we lost two defensive coaches? Good hires, hope they have some kind of ties and can recruit.

Good thing is was kept secret before Cusefanatl told us. if it was revealed before, it would have ruined everything.

I hope Henderson can recruit I just real he's from Baltimore, MD which is an area we need.

The news I've been waiting for is when do we get out of this crap conference.

Or, no change for John?

For the offense, it has been evident that Coach Marrone is counting on the Marrone/Hackett duo to get better year to year, growing into the job. For the specials, who knows what the thinking is.
Maybe Anselmo can help out with the offense/SPT? Kidding, but he never did a really great job with the corners in Shafer's defense. Up until this past year, we were all complaining about how much we need corners.. Maybe the problem wasn't necessarily all talent..

Shafer had the DB's to himself last year.

Seems Marrone and Shafer had a heart to heart about what he needs and wants on D. Which means Marrone can spend less time there (I think that's a big key). Defensive staff makes much more sense to me now. DL guy coaching DL, LB guy coaching LBs, DB guy coaching DBs, and Shafer doesn't have to worry about specific position responsibility. No co-coaches, everyone knows who is in charge of what.

Not really sure where Anselmo fits in, other than the obvious NYC area recruiting role. Does he keep specials even though Marrone had indicated he was taking over? Is he more of an overall assistant?

For offense, to me, it would be nice if TEs were taken off Hackett's plate. I've always though a combo OC and QB coach can work well, assures that you don't have an OC and QB coach who aren't on the same page, which would be disaster. But TE seems like overkill for that role, maybe Anselmo helps out here.

I think we'll see the D improve with this move. Jury's still out on the O and ST.

Seems Marrone and Shafer had a heart to heart about what he needs and wants on D. Which means Marrone can spend less time there (I think that's a big key). Defensive staff makes much more sense to me now. DL guy coaching DL, LB guy coaching LBs, DB guy coaching DBs, and Shafer doesn't have to worry about specific position responsibility. No co-coaches, everyone knows who is in charge of what.

Not really sure where Anselmo fits in, other than the obvious NYC area recruiting role. Does he keep specials even though Marrone had indicated he was taking over? Is he more of an overall assistant?

For offense, to me, it would be nice if TEs were taken off Hackett's plate. I've always though a combo OC and QB coach can work well, assures that you don't have an OC and QB coach who aren't on the same page, which would be disaster. But TE seems like overkill for that role, maybe Anselmo helps out here.

I think we'll see the D improve with this move. Jury's still out on the O and ST.
Well said, I think moving Anselmo to ST and TE's is smart. No doubt he can coach them, and as you said takes some responsibility off of Hackett. Assuming that is what is happening, BTW.