The NIT, a couple questions | Syracusefan.com

The NIT, a couple questions

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
With winning the ACCT likely our only chance at the dance the odds our against us for making the NCAA's this year.

With that said, for me at least, it does not mean "the season is over" I love this team and will continue to schedule my days around watching their games, even if they are NIT games. I know I know. "We are Syracuse and we don't belong in the NIT" but if that's where we end up I want to keep winning. A very very small silver lining for me would be that in winning the NIT we'd join a handful of schools that won both the NCAA's and the NIT (lemonade out of lemons). Plus a trip to NY and winning some sort of trophy would be cause for our players to celebrate an accomplishment, and they deserve that. Of course winning the NIT is no given, which leads me to a couple questions:

1-With the Dome renovation would we have to sacrifice home games? I'm not sure what the schedule for that is and I'm not to savvy on Lacrosse so I don't know what conflicts there potentially would be with that either.

2-Would we actually be in jeopardy of missing the NIT? There potentially could be six ACC teams there alone. And if I'm not mistaken they changed the rules a few years ago that every small conference regular season champion would get an automatic bid. Say we limp to a 16-15 or 17-14 type finish and get bounced early in the ACCT. Are there enough "NIT quality teams" out there there that we could even miss that tournament? That would be the ultimate kick in the gut.

Anyway, as I've stated here and in other threads I love these guys and want to root for them to succeed to the best of their abilities. Please don't turn this into "an NIT is unacceptable, fire the coach, we don't recruit well, I'd never watch and NIT game" thread. There's plenty others for that.

i'd have to think our brand has enough cache for ESPN to want us included from a ratings perspective. Other than that, I can easily see us getting screwed, it's our red badge of courage, lol.

And yes, we would not get any home games in the NIT with the current construction schedule. Everyone is being kicked out if the dome as of March 1st after the women’s game. The Lacrosse team’s last Dome game is 2/28. The remainder are at CNS.

And yes, we would not get any home games in the NIT with the current construction schedule. Everyone is being kicked out if the dome as of March 1st after the women’s game. The Lacrosse team’s last Dome game is 2/28. The remainder are at CNS.

Would there be any chance we could play a game or two in Manley Field House? I know we did that for a preseason NIT game back in the 90's. I think it would be awesome if we did, I'd definitely be coming in form Rochester for that

Would there be any chance we could play a game or two in Manley Field House? I know we did that for a preseason NIT game back in the 90's. I think it would be awesome if we did, I'd definitely be coming in form Rochester for that

Manley is now a smaller indoor practice facility. There are no seats.

Another poster just suggested the war memorial, that would be kind of cool

Some years when we think SU belongs and get the NCAA snub (2007) the NIT blows. But this year's team that can actually use the NIT as a stepping stone to next year I won't hate it.

how many people do you think an NIT game would draw this season ? that would largely determine if we could host locally. i'm just guessing maybe 13 K ? someone else here i'm sure has a better estimate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom