The no overturn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The no overturn

Review got both right. Obviously close

Not on the too many players on the field. I’m trying to find the pic that proves 13 were on the field.

had we hiked the ball on time it wouldnt have been any question

There wasn’t any question. Snap in the air, player still on the field.

FA0A219C-59CB-4777-A82D-44B77EA119A6.jpeg

The way I saw it - his heel came down and somewhat slid to the side - causing that “gap” in the white sideline chalk.
(That Herbie & Sean commented about)

It basically pushed the chalk away, clearing the green underneath.

Which is why it shouldn’t have been so surprising that it just happened to be the exact shape of the outline of the heel of his shoe afterwards.

To my mind, his shoe pushing the chalk aside would have been sufficient ‘proof’ that his foot was down out of bounds, and the play called dead at that spot.

But it probably would have just delayed the inevitable, so does it even really matter?
The way I saw it - his heel came down and somewhat slid to the side - causing that “gap” in the white sideline chalk.

Which is why it shouldn’t have been so surprising that it just happened to be the exact shape of the outline of the heel of his shoe afterwards.

To my mind, his shoe pushing the chalk aside would have been sufficient ‘proof’ that his foot was down out of bounds, and the play called dead at that spot.

But it probably would have just delayed the inevitable, so does it even really matter?

Actually, if you watch it again, you'll see that the part of the line missing from his heel touching was already gone before before his foot got there. Weird coincidence but his heel came down right where the paint was already missing.

That's a still shot. His foot was not completely on the ground yet

That's a still shot. His foot was not completely on the ground yet

On TV I thought the picture from behind made it look like his heel was clearly out. I also though the picture from the side (which is where the still is) made it look like he has a little green between his boot and the line.

Not sure if it was because of the coloring on his cleats or what, but it seemed to be a really tough one to overturn.

You need a few still frames after the one above to get the clear picture. He wasnt running on the side of his foot. His heal planted firmly on the ground and he was out of bounds.

Not on the too many players on the field. I’m trying to find the pic that proofs 13 were on the field.

Herbie and McDonough did it - the guy was barely off (unless you are referencing another play).

Herbie and McDonough did it - the guy was barely off (unless you are referencing another play).

What did herbie and Sean do? The play I’m referencing is the one that was challenged which is the pic above.

What did herbie and Sean do? The play I’m referencing is the one that was challenged which is the pic above.

They slow-motioned the 12th guy getting off the field. It reminded me of the Giants-Pats Super Bowl where the Pats won a challenge on it. It seemed cut and dry that he was off.

If thats what we were going for be set and snap faster.

They slow-motioned the 12th guy getting off the field. It reminded me of the Giants-Pats Super Bowl where the Pats won a challenge on it. It seemed cut and dry that he was off.

That pic is cut and dry that he wasn’t off. How they didn’t change that call is beyond me.

I still wonder are the replay guys really watching the right replays? i mean its one guy working with a ref who isnt watching anything. since they do it in secret no one really knows if they even see the right pictures

Not on the too many players on the field. I’m trying to find the pic that proves 13 were on the field.
They froze it on TV and the retired official they consult thought it was right. I thought it could've gone either way.

I think Dino was telling TD exactly that. Don't allow any doubt in the ref's mind.

This is where I hope DeVito learns. You need to recognize guys are running off and get the ball snapped. Not just him though, everyone needs to recognize so they can hustle up and get set.

wait... are you saying the out of bounds line moved?!

we dont actually use chalk..i thought the lines we permanent turf?

still the ref should explain the 12 man call when the video shows it clearly..

good question for the coach is how they handle these with the league.

I still wonder are the replay guys really watching the right replays? i mean its one guy working with a ref who isnt watching anything. since they do it in secret no one really knows if they even see the right pictures
The replay center is in Greensborough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom