The no overturn | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The no overturn

in slow-mo zoom you can see the white turf has either moved or an indentation when he picks his foot up.
Except the indentation was there before his foot planted. Look at the first frames above. When you're painting grass or turf it's not going to be a perfectly straight line.

Except the indentation was there before his foot planted. Look at the first frames above. When you're painting grass or turf it's not going to be a perfectly straight line.

I acknowledged that in my post ... but when lines are painted or chalked they are darn near straight and there's no 'holes', especially with paint. Here's the thing, anyone can reasonably conclude that spot should be white and it's out of bounds.

its not paint its turf and it is completely straight. or has the field been changed ?

in theory you can put your foot long the line and slide the turf about an inch outside the rest of the line withou touching the white. is that in or out no one knows. its not really spelled out in the book

its not paint its turf and it is completely straight. or has the field been changed ?
they switched to fake blades of grass when doc hollywood replaced Jake.

The field hasn't changed anymore than that crooked "s" in 'Ernie Davis' written on the turf. ;):)

To hijack the thread just a little... It frosted me that Clemson's receivers on a couple occasions pretty clearly used "physical means" to position themselves for catches and "dis-position" our DB's. The same thing that Ishmael got called for when he was a senior.

At least on that one long one, Higgins (?) got run down from behind by, if I recall, Lakiem Williams and one other.

They won't call it a penalty if you're stepping out of bounds on the step the ball is snapped.

They won't call it a penalty if you're stepping out of bounds on the step the ball is snapped.
my problem with this call was the kid didn't run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage. which he could have. instead he crossed the neutral zone into our territory which to me is encroachment at the very least.

I’m more disappointed in Fosters’ angle and effort on the play than our smurf DB missing the tackle. The safety looked like a 4th grader on that play.
Foster has done that so many times in his career. Every time he whiffs because of his horrible tackling angle, it's a long touchdown run for the opposing back. If you really want to hear something about Foster and his extreme lack of a proper tackling angle, listen to the Podcast with Julian Whigham and Stephen Bailey and listen to what Whigham says. Whigham is extremely insightful and a class act. He does not mention Foster by name but he mentions the continuous horrible angle taken by the same guy for as long as the guy has been here and that's why he could never coach because he would have a stroke. It's good, listen to it.

I can't tell anything from the pics being posted in this thread. Where is the sideline shot?

Give me a break guy. Use your phone to zoom in on upperdeck’s third picture to see his foot over the line and the picture with the 12th man still on the field with the ball on the way to the QB. We wouldn’t have won anyway it just would have made the game more interesting for a little longer. It’s cut and dry unless you are Stevie Wonder.

Give me a break guy. Use your phone to zoom in on upperdeck’s third picture to see his foot over the line and the picture with the 12th man still on the field with the ball on the way to the QB. We wouldn’t have won anyway it just would have made the game more interesting for a little longer. It’s cut and dry unless you are Stevie Wonder.
The 12th man thing is a no call.

For the dagger td, the officials only can make a call on the replays given to them, and they are not the same as the ones we see on tv always. In the dome, it looked like he was out. On tv, my buddy text me and said it wasn't clear.

Either way, like you said, both rulings didn't decide the game.

The 12th man thing is a no call.

For the dagger td, the officials only can make a call on the replays given to them, and they are not the same as the ones we see on tv always. In the dome, it looked like he was out. On tv, my buddy text me and said it wasn't clear.

Either way, like you said, both rulings didn't decide the game.

Why is the 12th man no call?

Why is the 12th man no call?
As long as the player leaves the field on his next step (approximate) when the ball is snapped they are taught not to call it. Think about how many times you see this. Happened a ton last year too.

pacusewife was re-watching the game today (she wanted to see things from a different angle, yes I know I hit the jack pot).
They did a good job of showing it on reply. To me after watching it for a times his heel never touched the ground and also the person that painted that line should be fired. It is missing a big chunk where his outside toes might have hit.
The doom did a good job of finding a reply that made him look out but sadly the heel never touches.
(I'm sure it might have been discussed earlier but wanted to give my opinion)

As long as the player leaves the field on his next step (approximate) when the ball is snapped they are taught not to call it. Think about how many times you see this. Happened a ton last year too.

Never seen it not called when this obvious and I have seen it called. Seems like a bail out.

Never seen it not called when this obvious and I have seen it called. Seems like a bail out.
I've seen it called really, really tight in the NFL. Ive not seen the same in college.

If you talk to an official, ask them about it, they will tell you that.

But, it really didn't matter in the long run anyways.

The logical conclusion is that if a player has encroached so close to the out of bounds line that it is impossible to tell if they are in bounds or out of bounds, they must be called out of bounds. The player has the entire field to utilize and can not be given liberty to be fudging the line. YOUR OUT!----OF Bounds.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom