The OB call right after Kris missed his free throw | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The OB call right after Kris missed his free throw

No one is disputing that CJ touched it. The question is did he touch it last. And the answer is no.
Looked to me like Fair's touch was the last one. However, I think this thread is a perfect indication that the ref didn't "blow" the call.

Looked to me like Fair's touch was the last one. However, I think this thread is a perfect indication that the ref didn't "blow" the call.

You are kidding right? Look at the ball and the Wiscy players hand. They both change AFTER CJ touches it. Right in front of the ref. I thought so live.

You are kidding right? Look at the ball and the Wiscy players hand. They both change AFTER CJ touches it. Right in front of the ref. I thought so live.
No. I am not kidding.

This is not touching him?

notoffcj.jpg

Looking at the replay, what scared me the most was how agressive CJ and Rak were going after the ball. Agressiveness is good, but at that point in the game there was an opportunity for a cheesy foul to be called on the contact, sending Wisconsin to the line righ then to go ahead.

On the rebound attempt, Rak went over someone's back, then CJ bumped #11 who had the ball before it was loose, then got landed on hard by a WU player, so there was contact both ways.

A foul would have been a disaster. I think most good refs aren't looking to make that type of call in that situation though.

This is not touching him?

notoffcj.jpg
Impossible to tell. Not a good angle to say for sure. You would have to be in front of them so you could clearly see if there was space or if he was touching it. it certainly is possible he touched it but can't say for sure.

After reviewing the sequence a few more times, I'm changing my answer - the ball went off of the Wisconsin guy.

Watch the replay again, I would have made the same call as the ref. CJ was clearly the one who knocked it towards the endline, and it is impossible to tell if the Wisco player grazed it last. If he did it wasn't enough to change the trajectory of the ball.

Watch the replay again, I would have made the same call as the ref. CJ was clearly the one who knocked it towards the endline, and it is impossible to tell if the Wisco player grazed it last. If he did it wasn't enough to change the trajectory of the ball.

It actually did change the trajectory. Ball was going right to left and then goes slightly downward.

It actually did change the trajectory. Ball was going right to left and then goes slightly downward.

Well I didn't see it, and the ref who was standing there didn't see it. Oh well, we won! I thought the refs did pretty good job all game actually.

Well I didn't see it, and the ref who was standing there didn't see it. Oh well, we won! I thought the refs did pretty good job all game actually.
Exactly! This is on the verge of being dissected more than the Kennedy assassination. It was an extremely close call that has required us several views and slow motion to decide. There is no fault on the ref IMO. Game over. We won!

Exactly! This is on the verge of being dissected more than the Kennedy assassination. It was an extremely close call that has required us several views and slow motion to decide. There is no fault on the ref IMO. Game over. We won!

Not only that, but play back the audio in reverse and you can definitely hear "I buried Paul". Actually, is that shady figure in the background . . . . Bernie!?!?!?

The worst call in that game was when Jordan Taylor throw himself onto the ground infront of Scoop and they whistled Scoop. I can't stand that stuff its 100 times worse than the defensive flopping. He should have been t'ed up and thrown out of the game. Its as unsportman like as it gets.

No one is disputing that CJ touched it. The question is did he touch it last. And the answer is no.
I was very entertained by the fact that two posts above this one is Madbiker saying "I don't think CJ touched it".

No opinion on who touched that ball last - but that sequence of posts made me laugh. :)

how were the comentators during all these tough/blown calls? Were they as annoying as Reggie Miller during the Ashville game?

Strange the opinions are so diverse. When I DVR'd it several times I saw it off Whisky's fingertips. Live, though, it would definitely have looked like it was off CJ because he definitely did hit it. But then I saw it glaze off the fingertips of the Whiskey player. But like others, I don't really care at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom