The obvious, ESPN | Syracusefan.com

The obvious, ESPN

In case you missed it, Huges shot was #1 on the top 10 plays of the day. They measured it as 75ft. As I said last night, literally in the gym range.

Every other part of ESPN's coverage this morning of Duke's loss last night sucked.

Headline: Duke Lost
- Williamson was a beast had 20 in the first half
- Jones injured

Oh yeah, Syracuse won.

Not as bad the Cincinnati Enquirer article that read Syracuse upsets Shorthanded Duke

Guess I didn't have a huge issue with the coverage this morning but I've never been as good at finding reasons to feel slighted as others.

It’s the sort of coverage you get when you’re unranked and lost at home to ODU. The narrative is going to be set as Duke losing it.

Fortunately I don’t need ESPNs permission to feel good about the win.

Good Morning America had highlights. They gave SU some props, showing the Hughes shot and the Cuse locker room celebration.

Duke didn't hand us a win. they played well. WE TOOK IT !
We played well and they were down two players...we got lucky. However, we forced Duke to shoot poorly and our guys stepped up. Poor Duke only had 10 four and five star players left on the roster to win with at home.

It is funny even UConn fans saw how biased some of the calls were. The sad thing is we have all seen worse officiating.

We played well and they were down two players...we got lucky. However, we forced Duke to shoot poorly and our guys stepped up. Poor Duke only had 10 four and five star players left on the roster to win with at home.

It is funny even UConn fans saw how biased some of the calls were. The sad thing is we have all seen worse officiating.

Serious questions:

1. Did anyone (except us) really care when we lost games in the Garden with an injured Frank?

2. After the excitement of that game, why in the world would you have reason to know what UConn fans were thinking?

Serious questions:

1. Did anyone (except us) really care when we lost games in the Garden with an injured Frank?

2. After the excitement of that game, why in the world would you have reason to know what UConn fans were thinking?
1. No
2. I swing by the Boneyard a few times a week and they had a big thread on our game. Did I break a Cuse fan rule?

Serious questions:

I like to see what other fans are saying after we get a big win tbh.

The only thing that could have topped last night's win is if Dino would have come into the locker room for a brief post-game speech. It's not their fault - they didn't know!

With all the ESPN comments about Duke losing 1 player and playing without another, nothing how they still had the probable #1 AND #2 draft picks in the next NBA draft! At least Bilas kept talking about that. Or how many other of the top4 freshmen played, or McD's AA they had on their HOME floor! I could not understand why Duke stopped feed Williams and Bolden.

With all the ESPN comments about Duke losing 1 player and playing without another, nothing how they still had the probable #1 AND #2 draft picks in the next NBA draft! At least Bilas kept talking about that. Or how many other of the top4 freshmen played, or McD's AA they had on their HOME floor! I could not understand why Duke stopped feed Williams and Bolden.

Because time has passed their coach by.

I wonder how "amazing" K thought that shot was? Not just that it was from an "amazing" 75 feet, but also just how "amazing" the trajectory of the ball was as well. :)

They are starting a project to lower the ceiling in Cameron Indoor Dungeons tomorrow.
Actually, 300 Cameron Crazies from K-ville
will be chosen in the future to swing on ropes suspended from the ceiling to knock down all shots from outside the 3 pt line or greater. An ingenious way to increase capacity and to help Duke when the refs aren't doing their best job.

I watched the beginning of coach K's press conference after the game, he was a bit of a cry baby in my opinion. ESPN is going to do what they do, at least they had Bilas and McDonough on the call

Another amazing thing was ESPN commenting on the # of consecutive sell outs they have had at Cameron. Doesn't that place hold LESS than the student population of the school?

Actually, 300 Cameron Crazies from K-ville
will be chosen in the future to swing on ropes suspended from the ceiling to knock down all shots from outside the 3 pt line or greater. An ingenious way to increase capacity and to help Duke when the refs aren't doing their best job.
I'm dead hahaha, all i remember now is seeing the game coming back on from commercial break and the usual media schtick is going on. Meanwhile in the background a bunch of duke nerds were laying down like railroad tracks so the mascot could surf on them. They looked WAY too enthusiastic about the job at hand.

dinky bandbox seats about 9,000. mostly students. how do they pay their bills ? wealthy alumni ?

Every other part of ESPN's coverage this morning of Duke's loss last night sucked.

Headline: Duke Lost
- Williamson was a beast had 20 in the first half
- Jones injured

Oh yeah, Syracuse won.

I realize you are commenting on ESPN's coverage this A.M. It must have been much different from the coverage last night. I think most on this board were satisfied with their coverage last night after the Kansas v Texas game. We were #1 with the Hughes shot being first up. I posted this last night after watching Kenny Mayne and his co - host describe the shot which they played three times from different angles then due to the balls speed and blending in with the background of the crowd put a tracer like they do in golf and hockey so you could clearly see how high and far the shot was. In total the shot was played at least five times:

Yesterday at 11:24 PM
we were #1 tonight on Sports Center. Going into the show - Three, 3, count 'em shots of Elijah Hughes three quarter court shot zipping through the net at the buzzer, still counting 5, five, with Hughes shot with a tracer by S. Cntr, a great breakdown of the game and a depressed Dook coach about the loss. "Life happened to them tonight" along with us outscoring them and Winning the game. Tough for their player who had to go out with a shoulder injury. We're a very good team when we play that way.

Too bad they were biased this A.M. GOSU :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom