The Official Clemson Game Thread (LGO)! | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

The Official Clemson Game Thread (LGO)!

Terrible playcall, run the ball. The major loss of yards could have been disastrous. Great kick by Murphy.

Also I think it's safe to say everybody worried that Shafer couldn't get the team to compete with a team beyond our capacity can't say that any more. We have come to play and our defense is doing some seriously good stuff tonight.

I will take a lead at half any game, but I feel particularly good with this one.

Interesting that we set the FGs 8 yards back instead of 7. I like it. Murphy has the leg but sometimes kicks it a little low. Amazing clutch kicking by him!

First Half Summary:
Our D is smothering
We finally have a Kicker!
We can't pass
We can't score offensive TDs
AJ Long has butter fingers

Some bad, bad calls by Lester. Pound in middle and use McFarland for his possible breakaway.

First Half Summary:
Our D can at times be smothering some games.
We finally have a Kicker
We can't pass
We can't score offensive TDs
AJ Long has butter fingers

Well their defense is disgusting. So us not scoring TDs is at least partly their fault.

Also I think it's safe to say everybody worried that Shafer couldn't get the team to compete with a team beyond our capacity can't say that any more. We have come to play and our defense is doing some seriously good stuff tonight.
Clemson's starting QB, RB, and TE are all out injured.

Clemson isn't much better than us without them.

With that said we've also got a lot of injuries. So I guess it's a wash.

Just what we need - an ugly game. Our guys are not intimidated by the unbelievable atmosphere here. We might do this.

Everybody is injured this time of the year. The point is everyone was worried we couldn't hang against a good team and that was somehow Shafers fault. Well he's hanging wih a top 25 team on the road, with a freshman QB no less.

Long has got to get rid of the ball for us to have a chance. They are starting to figure the D out and are pushing everything to the periphery. That last fumble would have gone for big yards if it was a decent pitch. Throw the GD ball Lester. You are not going to run on these guys

Long has got to get rid of the ball for us to have a chance. They are starting to figure the D out and are pushing everything to the periphery. That last fumble would have gone for big yards if it was a decent pitch. Throw the GD ball Lester. You are not going to run on these guys
He also needs to execute the READ part of the read option. There are big running lanes on the weak side.

This game is teetering on an edge. We just don't have game breakers on offense. We need turnovers to stay in games. I hope we can pass the ball in the 2nd half. Just hope talent doesn't prevail and our D doesn't wear down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom