The Official NC State Game Thread | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

The Official NC State Game Thread

I hate these locally televised ACC channel games. The announcers couldn't fake being fair and balanced if their lives depended on it.

Corey, Hudson, dowels and Winfield are going to develop into good players. I like Cordy and Dowels a lot.
Agree and you can add Franklin and Clark and Shepard to that list. This d has some talent. We are young but we aren't that far from equal to most of the conference. Can't understand why we didn't go juco for a safety or two. Huge hole there.

As much as I question HCSS in game decisions, I question some of his recruiting strategies just as much.

Florange44

I have the feeling we're going to have this same discussion about our new coach in 3 years.

Not that it should prevent us from hiring a new guy, but I think that's our lot in the ACC.

My only defense about scoring so quickly after the timeout is this... We've struggled to put it in, wasting the clock and scoring is obviously ideal. Punch it in when you can though. Your defense has to be trusted, regardless how much they've struggled today. And, ultimately they did get the stop there.

Not ideal strategy by any means, but the result was.

Ok insane hypothetical
What if we win
Then beat BC soundly

Do we still all feel the same way as we do now?

I do

I have the feeling we're going to have this same discussion about our new coach in 3 years.

Not that it should prevent us from hiring a new guy, but I think that's our lot in the ACC.

I'd be able to deal with that. We've made it this far. At least humor me and get someone like Babers who checks the boxes of

1. Been a HC who experienced success
2. Offensive guy from a successful tree

If he comes here and fails, then at least we can say we tried that route.

The only offensive guy we've ever hired in the Dome era gave us the only things to be happy about since 2005.

Learn from that.

We gotta fight the good fight and just out physical them this half.

That's the plan.

Shafe looked frazzled in that interview. Have a feeling he knows he has to get really aggressive.

It is amazing that dude is always so positive. Kudos to him for that I guess.

Time to save a job...

Or not.

Let's see how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors