The Official NC State Game Thread | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

The Official NC State Game Thread

would you say well coached teams seem to make fewer such mistakes than poorly coached teams?

If so, wouldn't you say there is a cause and effect dynamic at play?

players will always make mistakes in execution. Well coached teams make fewer. Syracuse makes a lot.

You are correct and the staff has made so many mistakes this week and this year, but those were two simple plays that you or I could execute. The players must take some blame as well.

That's all I'm saying.

DomeStranger said:
What happened to Austin Wilson? How does a second string QB end up 5th string?

Austin Wilson isn't the answer.

That's as kind as I can be.

What happened to Austin Wilson? How does a second string QB end up 5th string?

We're a triple option team.

Which, on today's depth chart, puts him behind two concussions and one torn ACL.

I would ask if we see Womack, but I feel stupid even thinking that's a legitimate question.

I remember sitting at 3-0 and people were talking about the possibility of an LSU upset and being ranked in the top 25. Feels like forever ago... Hard to win in D-1 football without a legit head coach and QB. We are mid major in football, lets face it.

We're a triple option team.

Which, on today's depth chart, puts him behind two concussions and one torn ACL.
Here are the 3 options:

1- lose 2 yards;
2- lose 5 yards and get the QB hurt; or
3- gain 5 yards but fumble.

Last drive I seen him play he scored a TD.

I'm not going to say anymore than this. There's a reason Mahoney, Dungey, and Long surpassed him. Hell they moved Womack back to Qb this week just in case.

Cuse House said:
I remember sitting at 3-0 and people were talking about the possibility of an LSU upset and being ranked in the top 25. Feels like forever ago... Hard to win in D-1 football without a legit head coach and QB. We are mid major in football, lets face it.

Just wait until we go 3-9 next year and the following year.

With our schedule, that's our future.

You are correct and the staff has made so many mistakes this week and this year, but those were two simple plays that you or I could execute. The players must take some blame as well.

That's all I'm saying.
sure, but that's like pointing out the sky is blue. I mean, yah, you're right. Looking at a few plays in isolation and pointing out the player failed to execute isn't saying much. The bigger issue for the program is the frequency of the execution mistakes and what that means.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom