The official starting lineup thread | Syracusefan.com

The official starting lineup thread

1 Gillon
2 Battle
3 White
4 Trob
5 DC

I don't think Gillon and White came here to come off the bench. I also don't think starting white at the two gives us much ball handling. Honestly i go back and forth between Lydon and Roberson at four similar to how trump calculates his net worth... Based on how I feel that day.

Gillon
Battle
White
Roberson
Coleman

Gillon [or Howard]
Battle
White
Roberson
Coleman

Very difficult call leaving Lydon out of the starting lineup, when he's a better player than either Roberson or Coleman, but I believe that he'll reprise his role as the sixth man and also lead the team in minutes this year. In terms of role, he is Dion / CJ 2012 or KJ 2010 on steroids.

No deficiencies with that starting lineup, no players playing out of position, etc.

Last edited:
PG) Howard
SG) Battle
SF) White
PF) Roberson
C) Coleman

Lydon first off the bench for whoever misses the first assignment in the 2-3. Gillon next off bench for whichever guard takes the first bad shot. Chukwu in for Coleman near the under 16:00 timeout.

Thompson and Moyer get some OOC run, < 5 mpg combined come ACC.

How many mins for Howard? I got him at at least 20, but otoh he could easily become JBs prime whipping boy. Should be interesting
I think Howard will get the 8-10 minutes that South and Mookie received in total in 2010. I think we will see more White subbing for Battle/Gillon than we will Howard.

After the first 7 I *anticipate* a large drop in talent/production to the Howard/TT/Moyer 8-9-10. I see the closest similarity to 2010 in that the top 7 are all arguable starters and then a big drop to 8-9-10

EDIT: obviously I wasn't very impressed with Howard and would be surprised to see the jump many are anticipating. but I would welcome a huge jump from Howard for the obvious extra depth/balance!

I think Howard will get the 8-10 minutes that South and Mookie received in total in 2010. I think we will see more White subbing for Battle/Gillon than we will Howard.

After the first 7 I *anticipate* a large drop in talent/production to the Howard/TT/Moyer 8-9-10. I see the closest similarity to 2010 in that the top 7 are all arguable starters and then a big drop to 8-9-10
Two things i would pay serious $ to watch in Melo Center: DC against PC and Gillon against Howard in practice...

EDIT: obviously I wasn't very impressed with Howard and would be surprised to see the jump many are anticipating. but I would welcome a huge jump from Howard for the obvious extra depth/balance!

This is where I'm at. Agree with everything you said.

I don't see an obvious whipping boy. Seniors aren't whipping boys. Grad transfers aren't whipping boys. Lydon not a whipping boy. Probably not the Freshman AA. Leaves Howard , Chukwu and TT if he gets time.

smoke 'em if you got 'em. We've got three months to kill.

Gillon
Battle
Lydon
Roberson
Coleman

First sub - White for Gillon, Battle to PG
Second sub - Chukwu for Coleman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130