The Official Syracuse BC Basketball Thread!!! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The Official Syracuse BC Basketball Thread!!!

They are letting BC hack away and grab at will under their basket. I've counted five obvious no calls.

I couldn't figure out why they didn't replay that awesome block on Grant...till they showed the replay 15 minutes later. He hit his left arm and spun him about and he was blocked by the rim as a result. Another great call!!!

It might be a 2 point game but were in complete control. It doesn't even worry me anymore. We'll win by a bunch

My concern is that the team is starting to feel this way. Or maybe that would be a good thing? As long as they deliver I guess.

That out of bounds call was baffling, but otherwise calls seem to be even (both teams got a couple of breaks). Halfcourt offense is awful for SU- Ennis needs to be more aggressive.

Unfortunately the zebras are letting BC get away with Pitt-style bruiser ball. They missed some really bad fouls in the first half.

Unfortunately the zebras are letting BC get away with Pitt-style bruiser ball. They missed some really bad fouls in the first half.

Exactly. I really feel like I am watching an old Big East game with this crew.

My concern is that the team is starting to feel this way. Or maybe that would be a good thing? As long as they deliver I guess.
Starting to feel bored? It's not our persona...I wouldn't worry.

Are any of you actually worried? I'm not. That's as good a half as BC could have hoped for. We played like crap. We'll put this thing away.

Agree, but it'd be nice to start getting some practice putting together a good 40 minutes.

Unfortunately a combination of a flat 1st half by several players coupled with unusually good 3 point shooting by the opposition and most of the calls going for the opposition as well.

CJ needs to NOT FORCE it when it isn't happening. He is clearly distracted and frustrated since the dunk he was unceremoniously blocked on. Tyler passed to him and he broke toward the basket and the ball sailed behind him out of bounds.

I'm confident we will make some adjustments and kill it the 2nd half but it is disturbing that we have developed a habit of playing hot and cold in each game.

I can't stand the whole blame the refs attitude. We got away with a couple shoves underneath too, guys. There were at least a couple times I was sure we'd be called for a foul on rebounds, and nada. Let's not go overboard with the idea that the refs are screwing us, because so far, they really aren't.

OttoinGrotto said:
Are any of you actually worried? I'm not. That's as good a half as BC could have hoped for. We played like crap. We'll put this thing away.

We were up 16-8 and then 32-23 and we let them back both times. BC is killing clock and looking for open 3s. They're well prepared for this game, but we should have another 8-10 points in the paint. I'm having trouble figuring out why we can't finish inside more often. Not like we're going into the land of the giants.

That out of bounds call was baffling, but otherwise calls seem to be even (both teams got a couple of breaks). Halfcourt offense is awful for SU- Ennis needs to be more aggressive.

Yeah, Cooney warding off the defender on his second dunk couldn't have been more obvious.

Unfortunately a combination of a flat 1st half by several players coupled by unusual 3 point shooting by the opposition and most of the calls going for the opposition as well.

CJ needs to NOT FORCE it when it isn't happening. He is clearly distracted and frustrated since the dunk he was unceremoniously blocked on. Tyler passed to him and he broke toward the basket and the ball sailed behind him out of bounds.

I'm confident we will make some adjustments and kill it the 2nd half but it is disturbing that we have developed a habit of playing hot and cold in each game.
But it's not unusual shooting for them. Threes are literally all they have on offense. They showed the stat early, 44% of their total field goal attempts are threes, and 40% of all made shots for them are threes. They live and die by the three. So far they're living, we just have to hope they go cold and we get our act together on offense.

This next 20 minutes is BC's season. Donahue is likely on the way out and that's all they have to play for the rest of the way so Cuse needs to come out ready to go.

This one is all about effort and lack of focus so far. And only trevor has either for us.

This one is all about effort and lack of focus so far. And only trevor has either for us.
Thats part of it. but cj, grant have to get going got to anticiapte the help defense better, get out on shooters, and double from the right direction imo.

Four fouls on Christmas, just like that. Is Coleman not even remotely close to being able to go?

The last three games haven't been particular good. Do we just play to the level of competition?
That won't work.