The paper article about Tyler and Malachi is more than interesting-- | Syracusefan.com

The paper article about Tyler and Malachi is more than interesting--

CaliCuse

All American
It states that both could use another year here in the program. If both listen to Jimmy their return next year bodes extremely well for Jimmy. Now if he can bring in Taurean Thompson I think we see a FF team.We lose Trevor and thats a big loss regardless of your feelings about him. I regard him highly. He isn't just a 3 point shot player. His ball handling skills since he arrived has improved a very great deal as has his ability to drive to the basket and his stealing the ball from opponents. I think that Frank Howard will progress as a pg far more than what Kaleb has shown which is nothing. The pre-season hype for the Orange in 2016-17 should be big unless I'm missing something here which I'm sure will be responded by all the gurus here.

Last edited:
Which paper article are you referencing?

Neither are, as both need to get a lot stronger. The NBA D-league tops out at around $22,500 salary vs. $ 57,000 college free ride with many extra benefits.

Not a chance Lydon leaves after this year. Just not a NBA player at this point.
Totally agree. He hasn't even played much at the (4) which he might excel at next year providing physical growth occurs as expected this coming off season Malachi could also use some increased muscle mass on his body before thinking NBA. I hope that Chukwu is also in line for this kind of S & C.

It states that both could use another year here in the program. If both listen to Jimmy their return next year bodes extremely well for Jimmy. Now if he can bring in Taurean Thompson I think we see a FF team.We lose Trevo and thats a big loss regardless of your feelings about him. I regard him highly. He isn't just a 3 point shot player. His ball handling skills since he arrived has improved a very great deal as has his ability to drive to the basket and his stealing the ball from opponents. I think that Frank Howard will progress as a pg far more than what Kaleb has shown which is nothing. the pre-season hype for the Orange in 2016-17 should be big unless I'm missing something here which I'm sure will be responded by all the gurus here.
We will miss Trevor for sure. Don't know what you've got til it's gone.

Only Roberson will be a senior. We'll have a young team, but we've had those before!

We will miss Trevor for sure. Don't know what you've got til it's gone.

Only Roberson will be a senior. We'll have a young team, but we've had those before!

Assuming the right guys are back, this could be us:

C: Coleman 20 min / Chukwu 20 min OR Chukwu 20 / Thomspon 20
PF: Roberson 30 min / Moyer 10 min
SF: Lydon 30 min / Moyer 10 min
2G: Richardson 30 min / Battle 10 min
PG: Battle 20 min / Frank Howard 15 min / Kaleb Joseph 5 min

I just have a hard time seeing Lydon at the 3.

That's a ten player rotation. That's 3 players too many.

The word "need" in the context of these discussions is hilariously misapplied.

Totally agree. He hasn't even played much at the (4) which he might excel at next year providing physical growth occurs as expected this coming off season Malachi could also use some increased muscle mass on his body before thinking NBA. I hope that Chukwu is also in line for this kind of S & C.
Lydon's ceiling is Wally Szerbiack. Hes not there yet.

Why?

Our forwards are interchangeable. He can hit an open jump shot and doesn't need to be in the post to be effective (therefore won't clog the paint offensively with two other big guys on the court).

Defensively, he's more than quick enough to be effective on the wing in the zone.

Battle, Richardson, Lydon, Roberson, Chukwu/Coleman is a fine lineup.

I think Lydon would be a phenomenal 2-guard

I know you're kidding, but my favorite post every season is when someone makes a hilarious suggestion that we play some tall guy at the two because we'd be really long in the zone.

"Say, do you think Baye could play some minutes at two-guard? Our zone would be sick it would be so long!"

That is waaay to evenly spread out. You KNOW Boeheim is going to be playing at least one player 38mins a game :)

So is Roberson or Moyer more of a perimeter player than Lydon?

The difference between the 3 and 4 is minimal in our system. They both play on the bottom of the zone. Sometimes the four plays the high post in a high-low offense. Sometimes the 3 (or stretch 4) plays pick and pop. Lydon is a stretch four.

Roberson is a traditional 4. Moyer is more 4 than 3, so will likely not be encouraged to shoot 3's. Nor will Roberson. So I guess we will play a 4 and a stretch four at forward next year. But Lydon will be the perimeter threat, not Roberson or Moyer.

Ditto.

Well, Roberson and/or Moyer are going to see a lot of time at the other forward spot. So among that group, who is the three? If you want to say that we'll play a 4 and a stretch 4 next year, that might be the best description.

That is waaay to evenly spread out. You KNOW Boeheim is going to be playing at least one player 38mins a game :)

Yes, of course, certain guys are going to play more than 30 minutes, and they will do that by establishing themselves. But I think if you were the coach and put this up on a the board as the season began, this is a reasonable expectation of how the minutes would get divided.

That's a ten player rotation. That's 3 players too many.

No, it's 8 1/2. Two centers, three forwards and three guards, with the extra half-guy being Kaleb as the third PG.

No, it's 8 1/2. Two centers, three forwards and three guards, with the extra half-guy being Kaleb as the third PG.

Kaleb won't be the 3rd PG. As it stands now, there's absolutely no way. Could he get better? Sure. But I can't see it.

Kaleb won't be the 3rd PG. As it stands now, there's absolutely no way. Could he get better? Sure. But I can't see it.
Agree. Very possible he will transfer if he sees the writing on the wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom