The QB Room, next year | Syracusefan.com

The QB Room, next year

Ozone!

Graphics Wizard

I am concerned about not having a strong QB to lead us next season!​

CDRW is getting little playing time this season and we have no other experienced QB’s as of now. It seems like we will need to hit The Portal to bring in a good experienced QB. What are others thoughts?

IMG_8683.gif

Last edited:
so everyone is writing off Bradon Davis - the PTBN in the Sellers trade?

so everyone is writing off Bradon Davis - the PTBN in the Sellers trade?
Not writing him off but I am not comfortable handing him or CDRW the keys next year.
Not that I am at practices or anything. Take advantage of what looks like a very manageable schedule next year.

Not at this point, but I think our best and most realistic option is to target a G5 starter who could be enticed to go to the P5, definitely a dual threat kid if at all possible
The stronger programs are going to pick the ones worth anything off before we probably talk to them. Unfortunately we’re the bottom feeders and are going to have to take the scraps.

We need to go portal shopping all over the field.
Offense: QB, wide receivers, offensive line
Defense: defensive line, lb, CB, safeties
Our two kickers look solid. At least ten portal players who can start. There needs to be talent upgrades all over the field.

Maybe a guy like Dequan Finn from Toledo. Or the Tulane QB. I feel like he's good?

The stronger programs are going to pick the ones worth anything off before we probably talk to them. Unfortunately we’re the bottom feeders and are going to have to take the scraps.
There's more talented QBs than top programs and no one wants to sit anymore. Syracuse will be able to find a good transfer if they have a starting spot open. Personally, i would argue that Shrader is pretty near a mid-tier transfer, a good get but not irreplaceable. The question is whether or not they will be be a fit for the system (and not turn out like Phil J @ pitt)

So it won't matter which QB gets the rock until we bump our oline up. Hard stop. There are other issues also with our WRs. If people don't want a running QB, then we better spend every Nil dollar on oline or any non scrambling QB will be sacked 15 times a game. Every dollar. Everyone on offense this season has to take some ownership for the breakdown on offense though. QB, WR, oline and RB.

We need to go portal shopping all over the field.
Offense: QB, wide receivers, offensive line
Defense: defensive line, lb, CB, safeties
Our two kickers look solid. At least ten portal players who can start. There needs to be talent upgrades all over the field.
That’s the entire offense (minus RBs) and the entire defense.

We need oline oline oline and 6’2”+ corners plus qb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom