The QB situation | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The QB situation

This is what i believe will happen.
TD returns, starts and has a very good season. Why. Because the OL is going to be solid, Taj Q Hendrix Benson Jackson Alford and Nyk who will return are all going to be significantly improved. Add Tucker, Lutz, Hough and a transfer and we have a very capable O.
JM Tex and Lamson if he arrives in January battle for the back-up position.
Rex becomes a graduate assistant and we dont bring in another QB.
The more i look into Tommy's situation the more it makes sense for him to return. Sure he has improvements to make but he has never had a decent line. I think that TD and the receivers really suffered by missing out on the spring and summer. Throw in all of the injuries and opt outs and he didn't have a chance. Ive said this before but his injury is going to end up being a blessing for him and the team.
TD will start next year and we wont bring in another QB.

If Babers does not land a transfer QB in the offseason, he deserves future SyracuseFan.com disgust.

What I wanted Tommy to be has not come close to becoming except for the flashes in the epic 2018 run. But if he beats out real competition and earns it versus getting it handed to him, then awesome and let's go win.

If Babers does not land a transfer QB in the offseason, he deserves future SyracuseFan.com disgust.

What I wanted Tommy to be has not come close to becoming except for the flashes in the epic 2018 run. But if he beats out real competition and earns it versus getting it handed to him, then awesome and let's go win.
Especially if TD is as good as a lot of people on here believe he is, he needs a good supporting cast like every QB does, but at worst for depth we need a transfer and again if TD is so great he'd be able to beat said transfer out

Especially if TD is as good as a lot of people on here believe he is, he needs a good supporting cast like every QB does, but at worst for depth we need a transfer and again if TD is so great he'd be able to beat said transfer out

Transfers good enough to play in the ACC don’t want to come here unless they know they’ll play. Tommy’s arm and knowledge of the offense is good enough to cause those players to think they won’t beat him out.

Transfers good enough to play in the ACC don’t want to come here unless they know they’ll play. Tommy’s arm and knowledge of the offense is good enough to cause those players to think they won’t beat him out.
Except the team’s record says otherwise.
But either way I don’t really expect a savior QB transfer to come.

If TD transfers then i can see SU landing a solid transfer. If im Dino i give TD a deadline. Decide to stay by this date and start next year but for your sake and the teams sake make a decision by the end of the season. Otherwise we will move in a new direction.

People outside of the Syracuse football bubble can see that Dino is never going to let a fair competition happen. He is always protecting TD.

Meanwhile Washington State has a 3* True freshman starting for them this weekend (who beat out a RS Freshman and RS Sophmore)...

What the F does that have to do with anything? So the kid is further along that a kid from Mississippi with D2 offers and a kid from Texas with basically the same? My god.

Again, you want to blame how we got here, I don't care but not having these two kids ready who everyone in the world thought would need a minimum of a red shirt is insane.

Meanwhile Washington State has a 3* True freshman starting for them this weekend (who beat out a RS Freshman and RS Sophmore)...

There is no way that is a good thing.

People outside of the Syracuse football bubble can see that Dino is never going to let a fair competition happen. He is always protecting TD.

That’s your weird obsession. I prefer the “guy is pretty good at throwing the football and it’s not a sure thing I can beat him out” reasoning.

One of the best quarterbacks ever to play at Syracuse. Much to Dino's chagrin.

Yeah, except without Tommy we don’t win 10 either. You can’t get it through your head that this is a team sport.

What the F does that have to do with anything? So the kid is further along that a kid from Mississippi with D2 offers and a kid from Texas with basically the same? My god.

Again, you want to blame how we got here, I don't care but not having these two kids ready who everyone in the world thought would need a minimum of a red shirt is insane.

Some coaches aren't afraid (nor should they be) to play a freshman at QB, injuries are a part of football and our recent history shows our starting QB's don't make it a full year.

Why would we not have them ready?
1. from an injury perspective
2. given its a "free" year let them get some meaningful snaps
3. Its a lost season what do we have to lose?

Some coaches aren't afraid (nor should they be) to play a freshman at QB, injuries are a part of football and our recent history shows our starting QB's don't make it a full year.

Why would we not have them ready?
1. from an injury perspective
2. given its a "free" year let them get some meaningful snaps
3. Its a lost season what do we have to lose?

The two kids we brought in aren't ready. Why is that so tough to comprehend, very lightly recruited, raw and need time. No Spring or real summer, they also had the kid who transferred and Summers who didn't pan out. Like I said, the situation falls on Dino but the two Qb's he brought in were never in a million years suppose to be ready this year. Now, you want to talk about a 3 star with multiple p5 offers well that's a bit different. Why is that so hard to comprehend? Not every freshman QB starts their college career on the same level. These two kids are projects and their lack of serious offers would probably back that up.

1. They aren't ready because they are true freshman and there were 4 Qb's in front of them on say August 1st.
2. Sure, some snaps and that looks like it will most likely happen
3. Ruin a kid who wasn't ready. Seen it happen quite a bit. ( the crow hopping QB from the GROB era is still waking up with nightmares, he wound up in some tavern league in Germany)

Blame Dino for the lack of 2-3 deep at QB but these two kids were brought in to compete probably start 2 years from now if they progress to be honest. thinking that Devito would start for 2 years, and between these two and the true frosh one would be the back up which obviously you would hope they would be ready at that point to serve as a viable backup.. Again, no P5 offers for one, no D1 offers for the other yet you want to know whey they aren't ready?

And we started Joe Fields once...how'd that turn out?

The two kids we brought in aren't ready. Why is that so tough to comprehend, very lightly recruited, raw and need time. No Spring or real summer, they also had the kid who transferred and Summers who didn't pan out. Like I said, the situation falls on Dino but the two Qb's he brought in were never in a million years suppose to be ready this year. Now, you want to talk about a 3 star with multiple p5 offers well that's a bit different. Why is that so hard to comprehend? Not every freshman QB starts their college career on the same level. These two kids are projects and their lack of serious offers would probably back that up.

1. They aren't ready because they are true freshman and there were 4 Qb's in front of them on say August 1st.
3. Ruin a kid who wasn't ready. Seen it happen quite a bit. ( the crow hopping QB from the GROB era is still waking up with nightmares, he wound up in some tavern league in Germany)

Blame Dino for the lack of 2-3 deep at QB but these two kids were brought in to compete probably start 2 years from now if they progress to be honest. thinking that Devito would start for 2 years, and between these two and the true frosh one would be the back up which obviously you would hope they would be ready at that point to serve as a viable backup.. Again, no P5 offers for one, no D1 offers for the other yet you want to know whey they aren't ready?
How do we know their not ready. We haven’t really seen JM play and not seen DM at all.
I do not care about offers. How do you play when you get on the field. There have been countless 4 and 5 star busts.

And he still had ED share reps with TD and replaced him in a game.
When he put TD in during the WMu game instead of leaving ED in the game to score 60+ points and set the tone for the season, I was angry. Then Ed had to beg his way back in the game, fight the WMU team and win the game again. People on this board said that he needed to get under control. Total BS.

How do you know they aren't ready? You must be on the staff. Can you tell us Tuckers real 40 time? I'm sure you've timed him several times.

Dino is QB controversy averse, he has been terrible at prepping more QBs.