The real hero is Payne not NApier | Syracusefan.com

The real hero is Payne not NApier

Hero? He did a wonderful thing, but a hero?

Napier gets more credit cause he says he was starving?? sorry, perspective here.

Napier sounds foolish he is staving, but can afford tats all over his body? He looks foolish, like the3 uconn fans sticking up their middle finger, classless

From what I've seen, division 1 athletes are underfed.

" No, don't call me a hero. Do you know who the real heroes are? The guys who wake up every morning and go into their normal jobs, and get a distress call from the Commissioner and take off their glasses and change into capes and fly around fighting crime. Those are the real heroes."

Payne went to an aide of an 8 year old with cancer. Napier like an idiot said he was starving, now athletes get more meals? Perspective people

"Life is suffering." Buddha

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be
measured to you." Matthew 7:1-2

We only criticize in other people what we do not like about our own character.

Napier sounds foolish he is staving, but can afford tats all over his body? He looks foolish, like the3 uconn fans sticking up their middle finger, classless

Perspective..... Do you not think a lot of people on this board do the same thing with their fingers to Uconn? Who cares what they do! Don't let that silly stuff bother you! Life is simply too short. If it bothers you, they win! Don't let them win.

Very good post, napier comes across as a punk.

Why the bitterness?

Is Napier calling himself a hero? He simply said he goes to bed hungry - the media ran with it from there.

Maybe other people were perfect about budgeting money at that age or had parents who could fill in the gaps but 100's of NCAA athletes have said they've experienced it too.

Why the bitterness?

Is Napier calling himself a hero? He simply said he goes to bed hungry - the media ran with it from there.

Maybe other people were perfect about budgeting money at that age or had parents who could fill in the gaps but 100's of NCAA athletes have said they've experienced it too.

Just once I'd like to see a fanboy from the BY be a little critical of their coach or players.

It would make them a little less hatable.

Just once I'd like to see a fanboy from the BY be a little critical of their coach or players.

It would make them a little less hatable.

You should visit the BY after they lose a game. Nobody can do anything right.

Payne went to an aide of an 8 year old with cancer. Napier like an idiot said he was starving, now athletes get more meals? Perspective people
I hate those ucon-victs more than anyone, but I am totally missing the connection between Napier's comment/Ncaa reaction and Adriaen Payne's awesome display of caring. What does one have to do with another?
Why does Napier addressing an issue that 100's of NCAA athletes and coaches also feel (including jabari parker and John Calipari) in any way lessen Payne's gesture?
It doesn't. And it makes you (and the rest of us faithful Orange fans) look petty in trying to find any way to bag on storrz. Man, they really got in our heads this year. I for one am not going to fall for it. We are Syracuse, damnit. F(orget) Uconn