The REAL key to tonight's win... | Syracusefan.com

The REAL key to tonight's win...

jekelish

Living Legend
...was apparently keeping my wife the hell out of the room. We led 21-9 at half, she got home during halftime and was in the room as the second half opened, and WVU quickly closed it to 21-16. She left the room (or was sent out of the room; we'll keep that vague) and we quickly scored 21 unanswered.

Bottom line: for Syracuse to succeed, my wife needs to be out of the room. You're welcome.

My wife had a really bad day today. She came home from a conference right as Syracuse went up 21-9. She wanted to vent. I did not want to hear venting at that moment.

I love my wife, but I think her subconscious directs her to test my loyalty to her when my first love is on TV.

Eventually I was allowed to watch this watershed cuse moment in isolation with my buddy Wilson.

Trust me, she knows better. Without fail, the FB and BB teams play better when she is out of the room.

My wife has been trained, but she still on occasion crosses the line.

Tonight she interrupted my game watching experience by walking into the forbidden game watching room and handing me the phone, because a fellow SU fan called during the game to celebrate, prematurely, in my mojo disturbing opinion.

Something about SU basketball and football games...I get nasty when I'm distracted.

I'm sure Dr. Phil would give me one of his pious know it all lectures about this failing.

Some people just don't appreciate how delicate mojo is.

At least I'm not the only crazy person here. I wouldn't leave my seat. At various times in my SU watching over the years, I've kicked my wife out, my kids out, my dog out, kept my body in the same exact position, etc. Bevo is right... mojo is a delicate balance.

At least I'm not the only crazy person here. I wouldn't leave my seat. At various times in my SU watching over the years, I've kicked my wife out, my kids out, my dog out, kept my body in the same exact position, etc. Bevo is right... mojo is a delicate balance.

Right on Brotha!!

I've got a 6 month old son. I've changed his onesie multiple times during a game already, believing it would actually have an impact on the outcome of a game.

I have a similar superstition! For any big game my wife needs to leave the room if it's close! That's why SU won in 2003! My wife was tired and went to bed early :)

I hadn't gotten on the board yet, they were playing awesome, decided I couldn't risk it til it was well out of hand. Just too much at stake... really wanted to join the chat too. :)

1) I have my wife trained, my kids are not. Need to work on that. Around third quarter two of my kids starting chatting something inane up. Put a stop to it quickly.

2) kept in the same sitting position with the Touchpad on my lap the whole game, including the critical left leg on type of right leg, left foot pinky toe side wedged between right big toe and pointer toe.

3) Did not drink or eat anything. I had to sacrifice my body just like the team does.

4) No rewind, had to stay in current time.

5) Wore my new orange SU shirt. 2-0 in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom