The Real Problem With Dickey Simpkins and the Broadcasting Biz! | Syracusefan.com

The Real Problem With Dickey Simpkins and the Broadcasting Biz!

SyracuseFan

Scout Team
I'm ok with admitting it, I'm a hater. I think he's so bad it is funny. He reminds me of Tosh.0 and boom goes the dynamite skit with the uber talented Gus Johnson.

I feel real bad for the well schooled talented broadcasters slugging away in the minor leagues for years until a few of the talented 'Professionals' in the space turn off the mic. I guess I don't understand why former stars get such a long leash. The real SB pros have 40-50 year careers so theres not much room at the top as it is.

Its not true in any other profession. No disrespect as some of these guys get better (er tolerable) as they get experience. Other than big east refs & broadcasting, what other job can ya suck at and still work in primetime? I get the 'game experience angle' but former pro athletes get to learn the craft in the big leagues. If a former player sucks as a coach he's not a coach!

Most of them are already wealthy, most of them are terrible and when the big wigs replace them they feel they have to bring in another untrained non-talented former all-star.

Dickie Simpkins is somewhat tolerable and not as bad as Jay Wil. But Jay Will is worse at his job than anyone I've ever seen in any business, literally. My guess is these producers and wigs like having drinks with these former champs. That's my only guess, if I spent 120k at SU and had to listen to these train wrecks id probably give up and go to a referee clinic. Better shot at success lol.

If ya want to have a laugh Dick Vitale ranked his top 25 CBB analysts. Guess who came in 25, "Jason Williams" of duke and motorcycle fame. You just can't script it better from Duke Vitale. Remember how bad Hubie Davis was? He was bumbling and stuttering, getting saved by commercials for 3+ yrs. Hubert is ok now, almost good and occasionally funny when he can't stop laughing at Digger. Also funny was DV ranked Packer at 22, yep these guys still hate each other lol.

www.bleacherreport.com/articles/568886-dick-vitale-and-the-top-25-personalities-in-college-basketball#/articles/568886-dick-vitale-and-the-top-25-personalities-in-college-basketball/page/3

I feel bad for you sports broadcasters out there. This is the end of my rant.

If ya want to have a laugh Dick Vitale ranked his top 25 CBB analysts. Guess who came in 25, "Jason Williams" of duke and motorcycle fame. You just can't script it better from Duke Vitale. Remember how bad Hubie Davis was? He was bumbling and stuttering, getting saved by commercials for 3+ yrs. Hubert is ok now, almost good and occasionally funny when he can't stop laughing at Digger. Also funny was DV ranked Packer at 22, yep these guys still hate each other lol.

www.bleacherreport.com/articles/568886-dick-vitale-and-the-top-25-personalities-in-college-basketball#/articles/568886-dick-vitale-and-the-top-25-personalities-in-college-basketball/page/3

I feel bad for you sports broadcasters out there. This is the end of my rant.[/quote]

He didnt rank them. He ranked himself #1? No...This is another bleacher report special...

i think there are VERY VERY few good commentators... why single out dunk nasty?

Dickie is laugh-at-not-with clownish.

But he is better, much better, than when he started, when it appeared that English was perhaps not his first language.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom