The results are likely going to be poor but the coaching and development has to improve | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The results are likely going to be poor but the coaching and development has to improve

I am ticked off we are losing but what is truly unacceptable is the coaching and players improving week to week.

I don’t see the coaching correcting mistakes.
That is on the staff.

We can lose games by talent but beating ourselves is unacceptable.

I believe Dino is a good coach but his staff needs to coach these kids up.
I trust the defensive coordinator as well.

Film room study what is going on.
One of the announcers on the YES network did mention that the coaching staff was very high on Wax at first I thought they were talking about Marlowe but after watching the game I realized what they really meant.

I want to see us go air raid. Have for a long time. Thought we were. We're not.

The Dome is our unique advantage.

Enough with trying to be balanced. Enough with "we need to run the ball." Enough with trying to have a stout defense. We will never do these things well consistently.

With a home slate of perfect throwing conditions, we could be top 5 in passing yardage every season.

I guarantee we'd have a lot more fun as a program.

Tommy chucked it a lot, same against UNC. Kids aren't making plays.

Enough with trying to be balanced. Enough with "we need to run the ball." Enough with trying to have a stout defense. We will never do these things well consistently.

With a home slate of perfect throwing conditions, we could be top 5 in passing yardage every season.

I thought that’s what we were getting when Dino was hired. Throw the ball all over the place for 50 plays a game. We actually did that the first couple of years, even if they were dink and dunk. Now it’s run the ball up the middle for two plays and throw a bomb on 3rd.

It seems like Dino has lost some of his mojo. Going for it on 4th down in field goal range seemed more desperate than cool

That is what I thought we were getting with Dino. I guess I was wrong because our offense is getting worse

Exactly, these have been mistakes from the start that partially were brushed off because we had 1 great season.

At this point, I honestly don't know that DB is a great coach. 1 season doesn't make you good, especially with someone else's recruits.

What did Dino say "I want the players to be consistently good not occasionally great." Did I get that quote right? Dino should take his own advice.