The Saddest Part of All... | Syracusefan.com

The Saddest Part of All...

newmexicuse

All Conference
was that I had no particular confidence that we would win this game. I figured it would be close all the way & be anybody's game at the end.

Jerami was terrific. Tyler was game, but he made a few bad plays at the end.

Everybody else was just plain awful throughout.

We are no longer the Orange - we are officially the Syracuse Masons because we spend all of our time laying bricks.

A team that should have made a solid NC run is now in tatters & would be very luck to get to the Sweet Sixteen.

It is particularly sad because of the way our season unfolded, delighting and astonishing us with its brightness for the first three months, and then the slow glide towards earth. Kind of like Icharus.

To me, this was the year we beat Duke at the Dome. That was the zenith, and the memory of that is still crazy sweet. I hope we can make some noise in the NCAAs but expectations are definitely lowered.

The worst part is the fools gold at the beginning built TE and JGs draft stock so much that we have a combo of sucking and losing 2 players to the nba.

The worst part is the fools gold at the beginning built TE and JGs draft stock so much that we have a combo of sucking and losing 2 players to the nba.

Still think at least one comes back. Ennis should be back.

Sad and probably true. Hopefully not.

Neither should be a lottery pick, especially Ennis. He just doesn't have an NBA body or game. Grant has a ton of work and doesn't really stand out among the variety of 6'8" kids available every year, but his pedigree and so-called potential will tantalize someone. Both should come back to improve their vast weaknesses and be college hoops stars next year. I doubt we'll see both back, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom