The Shield on Amazon Prime | Syracusefan.com

The Shield on Amazon Prime

temery

What?
I'm looking for a new series, and wonder if anyone has seen The Shield.

Ridiculously good. I'll be skewered for this, but it's a better police drama than The Wire. Several moments where I literally stood up off the couch in shock - the wife too. If you are fond of antiheroes then Vic Mackey is about as good as it gets, second only to Tony Soprano IMO.

What is perhaps most astonishing is that it's consistently excellent all the way through season 7 and in fact the series finale is considered among the best closing episodes ever. I concur with this assessment and found the finale entirely satisfying. Just a tremendous show, start to finish - among my top five (Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Deadwood, Shield, Game of Thrones).

Please don't hesitate to ask additional Q's - I'll be happy to provide context while avoiding spoilers as best I can.

i've been streaming THE FALL and HEMLOCK GROVE on netflix. both rather dark and wintry.
and ( edit) Orange is the new Black is another server series worth watching.

Last edited:
The Shield is amazing. I bought the whole series for $20 from a haji shop. Best $20 everr

The Shield rocked. I was addicted when it was on.

I had never heard of the show until a couple days ago. I'm hooked.

I was mesmerized by this show. I mean I couldnt wait until the following week when a new episode would air. You will love it.

Ridiculously good. I'll be skewered for this, but it's a better police drama than The Wire. Several moments where I literally stood up off the couch in shock - the wife too. If you are fond of antiheroes then Vic Mackey is about as good as it gets, second only to Tony Soprano IMO.

What is perhaps most astonishing is that it's consistently excellent all the way through season 7 and in fact the series finale is considered among the best closing episodes ever. I concur with this assessment and found the finale entirely satisfying. Just a tremendous show, start to finish - among my top five (Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Deadwood, Shield, Game of Thrones).

Please don't hesitate to ask additional Q's - I'll be happy to provide context while avoiding spoilers as best I can.

Agreed. I am in the middle of the first season. You mention Deadwood - ill have to look into that one too.

I love being able to watch a series beginning to end. One of my pet peeves with many current shows is the eight to nine month wait for the next season to begin. I tend to lose interest.

Agreed. I am in the middle of the first season. You mention Deadwood - ill have to look into that one too.

I love being able to watch a series beginning to end. One of my pet peeves with many current shows is the eight to nine month wait for the next season to begin. I tend to lose interest.
If you'd like Deadwood in HD (720p) I have the full series and can likely transfer it to you via one of several cloud / dropbox or similar routes.

Deadwood is fantastic. The series ended way to soon.

If you'd like Deadwood in HD (720p) I have the full series and can likely transfer it to you via one of several cloud / dropbox or similar routes.

I've watched three episodes of Deadwood and love it, but I am going to save it for later.

Right now I am hooked on The Shield. At first I wasn't too impressed with the character development, but that's changed. Really great show.

I just noticed Kurt Sutter worked on The Shield. No surprise the show is so good.

Not really adding much to this thread besides the fact that I love Amazon Prime. Great $80 spent. I've almost already used that in saved shipping costs.

Not really adding much to this thread besides the fact that I love Amazon Prime. Great $80 spent. I've almost already used that in saved shipping costs.

It's worth every penny. I also have Netflix, but consider Prime to be far better at this point. And Prime is now making its own series - Alpha House is well worth watching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom