The simpleist explanation | Syracusefan.com

The simpleist explanation

jgeorge322

Living Legend
Jim doesnt want to leave, Hop knows it, Hop knows he cannot take over for Jim when Jim does not want to leave. This permits Jim to possibly keep coaching but there could be a power struggle now with the university. I highly doubt Hop would do anything to betray Jim. He may have done this for Jim, at least in part.

Boehiem will coach here for many more seasons.

Buddy will play 4 years for him, and then Jimmy will hand the keys over to Gerry or Autry.

SU is way too cheap to pay a big name coach too. People are throwing names like Izzo and Wright around lol. You're talking 5 million a year. Not gonna happen.

Jb isnt going to say anything but hes happy for hop. What else would or can he say? What will be interesting is the response from the university not jb.

If Jimmy is really gonna contest the "PLAN" then he should publicly offer Buddy a scholarship and have him provide a verbal commit. In November he signs the LOI. At that point, the University has an even greater PR mess on its hands. Sure, they could fire/replace JB & release Buddy from the LOI, but the offer/signing signals that JB is invested for at least 4 more years, not that he's "year- to-year" as is the popular opinion. So the administration has a weaker argument that the band-aid needs to be ripped off asap.

I don't personally agree with this strategy. I think we'll be in the same exact boat in 3-4 years with a lame duck coach, uncertain recruiting, etc... But that would really force the administration into an awkward spot.

Boehiem will coach here for many more seasons.

Buddy will play 4 years for him, and then Jimmy will hand the keys over to Gerry or Autry.

SU is way too cheap to pay a big name coach too. People are throwing names like Izzo and Wright around lol. You're talking 5 million a year. Not gonna happen.

LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom