The Talk | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

The Talk

Serious question: are we sure Mintz is gone next year? I know he's had NBA hype but honestly am not sure he gets drafted if the draft was today as an athletically average (For the NBA) PG without a great 3pt shot. Add in NIL stuff and it might make sense for him to stay-- of course transferring is not out of the question either.
yeah I hear you...shouldnt be a foregone conclusion hes gone next year...probably needs a 3pt shot and to play like a PG, imo...to get drafted.

could very well transfer to another school, as well

Gonzaga got Mark Few before he was on the A-list and he is not leaving to come to Syracuse. Pitino has more baggage than the coach SU just replaced. Not sure the Alabama coach is much more than a flash in the pan and he too has baggage.

Take a look at the SU football coach hire. When and if a new bball coach is hired that is the route SU will go, but I am not asking for a new coach

Agree. Decent form shouldn't be such a feather in his cap but around here it is

36% at his height is fine , but it's not worth all the other stuff that comes with it

I don't like that he's only 75% from the ft line.

6'7" and he has 32 FTA in 1062 minutes
75% at the FT line is pretty darn good. With Bell that is the least of my concerns. He quite literally doesn't rebound, cannot play defense and is unable to create his own shot. His shooting is the 1 skill he has.

Serious question: are we sure Mintz is gone next year? I know he's had NBA hype but honestly am not sure he gets drafted if the draft was today as an athletically average (For the NBA) PG without a great 3pt shot. Add in NIL stuff and it might make sense for him to stay-- of course transferring is not out of the question either.
His grandpa mentioned transferring before he left.

ok sure...you seriously think Syracuse cannot get an A-list coach if they wanted to???

Alabama, Gonzaga, St Johns, etc can ?

but Syracuse can't?

I know the program is down a bit...but come on...its still a big program on the overall landscape
St John’s is the magic name there. They offer nothing beyond NC State, let alone Syracuse

Red is the coach.
give it up nothing

my point is that IF Syracuse wanted a big name coach...they could get one. I was responding to another post that insinuated that SU couldnt pull a name coach very easily

Im not saying they should or shoulnt just that they could. easily

(but look around the landscape of NCAABB...there arent actually many big name coaches, imo)

Huh?

Ricky lives on Winged Foot and has a Manahattan apartment. He's rightfully playing out the last act in his career, MSG and the life.
And yet, it’s st. John’s.

What is your point? They are literally the only big time div1 bball school in NYC.
What I mean is St. John’s has been essentially a nobody in basketball for almost 25 years. If being in NYC was a draw they likely wouldn’t have been as irrelevant as they are (and getting out-fanned against every other major team at home). Maybe it was important in the 80s but few big city teams have spent time sitting atop the basketball world in the last 3 decades. Pitinos situation is unique and if it proves to be a one-off so be it.

Last edited:
He’s angry we didn’t hire Pitino because reasons. It’s his MO here.
Welp, someone is just saying things for the sake of saying them again… per usual.

I never advocated for a pitino hire, although he would’ve been an instant winner. I just don’t think Syracuse was in a position where they couldn’t have gotten a top flight coach as the original poster claimed. Had you read any context before posting your nonsense you’d actually be able to add some value to the conversation.

Carey has more upside than people realize I think.. Needs some more strength but he got in great spots much of tonights game.. If he figure out how to finish the simple stuff he can do some damage on the pick n role.
I think he can be a good contributor by his senior year. A more athletic JB Reafsnyder. He has to get stronger though.

Carey has more upside than people realize I think.. Needs some more strength but he got in great spots much of tonights game.. If he figure out how to finish the simple stuff he can do some damage on the pick n role.
hes improved from the beginning of the year despite not playing...hes active and athletic enough for sure...I think he def has the potential there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom