The thing about playing UCONN and Coach P to me it seems | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The thing about playing UCONN and Coach P to me it seems

Yeah, but to be fair, that was negativity after a loss, not a win. A loss which was an offensive failure across the board, worse than we've had in this regime. So bringing it back to a major rebuild or the previous regime after that particular loss seemed like an argument for convenience. Especially when the trends, while up, aren't exactly that far up.

It's not that crazy to look at the situation and say if we're admitting we'll have execution inconsistencies because of rebuilding an offense, then why not rebuild it with the new guys you are bringing in, instead of so many holdovers who were freshmen during the final year of the dark ages.

I think the offense will be fine when one of the athletic QBs is deemed ready to take over, or we have no choice but to use them.

So many hold overs? It's 4 starters and two rotation guys. The TE is on pace to set season records at his position. The QB could still end up with season records at his position. The TB could have a 1000k yards. Why should they sit?

Nah, it will be the same "they've only played one good game/beaten one good team/played an awful schedule" BS.

I really don't give a $#@! what people will say. It is extremely important for this program that we go bowling again this year. Therefore the UCONN game is important. If we win convincingly great! If we win ugly so be it. Let people say what they will but it's important that this team be playing somewhere AFTER the 3rd of December.

Nah, it will be the same "they've only played one good game/beaten one good team/played an awful schedule" BS.

I don't understand why some of you spend any time here at all.

This is a discussion board. People are discussing. Some folks take a negative tone, others a positive tone, that's kinda, you know, like life!

Of the hundreds of posters here I recall ONE actually seriously suggesting Marrone be fired. He may be accurately placed in the category of "dipsh!t".

I'd reckon a guess that 95%+ of posters are, overall, thrilled with what Marrone has accomplished. I fall into that category, for sure. I also fall into the category of someone who wants the offense to get better. I understand context and history. Those are acceptable things to enter into the discussion. It's also fair to enter into the discussion the notion that the pace of improvement is slower than some, like me, may want. There is no right answer, hence why this is discussion and not a rescitation of fact.

Or we could just post "LET'S GO ORANGE!!!!!" over and over again, I suppose.

Also depends on how we lose. If we play well but lose, I think most will say **** happens. However if play like crap and lose a game we shoulda won, people will be and should be pissed.

I cannot fathom a reality where SU plays "well" and loses to UConn.

Nothing good is going to come from this game. If they lose it will be more of same negative crap around here, and if they win, BFD.

If they win, it will secure a bowl bid. That IS a BFD in my book, especially after we let the Rutgers game slip away.

It's not like most SU fans dislike Coach P. We may have felt it was time for him to go, but I don't recall most anyone ever having any personal issues with the guy. So it's hard to really get amped up to beat "him" -- I want to beat UConn, of course, but nothing more than that.

It ain't like when Bill Parcells abandoned my Pats to go coach the Jets. I wanted to beat him with the fury of a rabid bear. or when Rick Pitino ruined my Celtics and I wanted to see him lose at everything the rest of his life.

P? Good guy, what can you say?

The Pasqualoni angle means nothing to me - we need to win this game.

The suggestion in your post that "most" fans wanted Pasqualoni fired is not accurate in my judgement.

It is probably true, however, that most who post regularly on this board wanted him fired.

I cannot fathom a reality where SU plays "well" and loses to UConn.

I have thought since the beginning of the season that this game was UConn's SuperBowl. So I could see them calling a lot of tricky that catches us off guard. If the O plays decently but is stuck getting FGs instead of TDs, and then UConn pulls some TDs out of their arse, I will have considered us to have played well and lost.

We are a better team than them and should win, but it isn't like they are Tulane.

The suggestion in your post that "most" fans wanted Pasqualoni fired is not accurate in my judgement.

It is probably true, however, that most who post regularly on this board wanted him fired.

Yeah, there's a confirmation bias issue here - you were a big Coach P supporter, so in the absence of any hard data "proving" a major of fans wanted Coach P gone you're not going to believe it (and even then you'll question the data). As you acknowledge, the majority here wanted him fired and understandably believe a majority agreed with them.

I don't think either is really true; the majority of fans are casual fans that just stop showing up when the team doesn't meet their expectations. I don't think they wanted him fired or retained...but the trend to seeing lots of silver certainly started while Coach P was still here.

Personally I hope that either Coach P gets fired at the end of the season, or we get to the ACC next season and never play UConn/Coach P again. Because merely mentioning his name means we're going to end up with this thread of posts where certain posters feel the need to defend Coach P from any perceived attacks.

And as the OP basically said - at this point, who the cares?

I'm actually surprised that the media isn't giving this game more attention. I guess if he got canned at SU then went straight to UConn it would have been a bigger story in '05. How many other coaches leave a school after 10+ years to get back into coaching, only to coach at a regional rival school? I would have expected more hoopla.

BFD.
It is a "BFD" We have got to make a bowl this year!We need all the Ws we can get.UCONN is a bad team that we should and need to beat to get there.This is a very important game for us.BFD?You bet.

I don't understand why some of you spend any time here at all.

This is a discussion board. People are discussing. Some folks take a negative tone, others a positive tone, that's kinda, you know, like life!

Of the hundreds of posters here I recall ONE actually seriously suggesting Marrone be fired. He may be accurately placed in the category of "dipsh!t".

I'd reckon a guess that 95%+ of posters are, overall, thrilled with what Marrone has accomplished. I fall into that category, for sure. I also fall into the category of someone who wants the offense to get better. I understand context and history. Those are acceptable things to enter into the discussion. It's also fair to enter into the discussion the notion that the pace of improvement is slower than some, like me, may want. There is no right answer, hence why this is discussion and not a rescitation of fact.

Or we could just post "LET'S GO ORANGE!!!!!" over and over again, I suppose.

There are people who have the impression it's 95% the other way.

How did DeLeon go after an attack type defense? He tried to power it down their throats. Once again our corners have to step up and do their job and not give up big plays and if they do we will win as long as the dline does their job as well. I'd love to not have the Thomasas cheating in all game and still have the d be effective.

DeLeone loves to use misdirection running plays and option against attacking defenses. Always looking for the defense to blow their gap control.

If they win, it will secure a bowl bid. That IS a BFD in my book, especially after we let the Rutgers game slip away.

That's right Matt. This is a huge game for Syracuse for perception purposes and get back some of that momentum we generated from the WVA win.

DeLeone loves to use misdirection running plays and option against attacking defenses. Always looking for the defense to blow their gap control.

True, are they a 2 set or 1 set back team?

True, are they a 2 set or 1 set back team?

They are "multiple" in terms of formation and really mix it up but they seem to primarily be a 2 set back team in their standard formations. DeLeone even seems to have adopted the spread offense and the zone read.

The Pasqualoni angle means nothing to me - we need to win this game.

I don't want to start a Coach P discussion, this isn't my intent.

But I'm curious to understand why you don't think internet message boards are accurate representations of a fanbase.

that most really don't care, media playing it up a bit but I really dont care about that aspect. As P said, it was 7 years ago, doesn't seem like SU or UCONN fans really care about the game in general other than it is just another game. I certainly don't
YUP YUP.Could really care less about P.Thats why i got banned from the other board(for years and years and to this day).I had/have absolutely nothing nice to say about him.

Yep. Expect to see the option until SU proves that they can stop it.

Deleone probably saw the Bridgewater to Victor Anderson option touchdown while watching film of the Louisville game and creamed in his pants.

They are "multiple" in terms of formation and really mix it up but they seem to primarily be a 2 set back team in their standard formations. DeLeone even seems to have adopted the spread offense and the zone read.

Deleone likes to add to that playbook so I'm not surprised! I'm really looking forward to this game.

Yeah, that Rutgers game was ours to take, & we pissed it away on several occasions. Now, the only way to make it right is to win this game & get Bowl eligible sooner rather than later. This is probably our best chance to secure a Bowl, because every other opponent has better players, frankly.

There are people who have the impression it's 95% the other way.

How many times does someone need to qualify a "negative" post with something like "I like Marrone and I'm very happy with what he's done so far..."

Because I read that over and over and over and over. But I guess it's not enough.

LET'S GO ORANGE.

Wow, that's much better, let's keep discussing that.

LET'S GO ORANGE.

LET'S GO ORANGE.

:bang:

How many times does someone need to qualify a "negative" post with something like "I like Marrone and I'm very happy with what he's done so far..."

Because I read that over and over and over and over. But I guess it's not enough.

LET'S GO ORANGE.

Wow, that's much better, let's keep discussing that.

LET'S GO ORANGE.

LET'S GO ORANGE.

:bang:

If you take out the 3 hours during a game, which even some of the most positive posters take the gloves off in the heat of the moment, this is a pretty positive place.

Wondering what our offense is going to be like, since we hired an offensive background head coach, isn't being negative. It's a good discussion. Do some of the comments go over the top? Sure. But it's not like coming to a new website has made us all rookies at this here message boarding...

They ran some of that stuff in 2003. I don't remember it as much Patterson's first year, Anderson was much better at.

True. I would not be surprised to see little used backup QB McCummings, who we recruited hard, play a lot at QB and run the option against us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom