The time has come for Brandon Triche to take over this team. | Syracusefan.com

The time has come for Brandon Triche to take over this team.

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
He's got to be the guy. He needs 15 to 20 shots every night. He needs to get to the line. While we're all complaining about mcw, bt has shown he's shooting his jumper with confidence, and getting to the rim. Did everyone see his nasty crossover on siva? Hes one of the best defensive guards in the country and bt abused him. What about the 2 pullup jumpshots against cinncinnati. If we had beaten villanova, we would all be talking about how brandon took over in the second half. He needs to play like he's the big easts best player going forward. If he does that we win the league, and get a number one seed.

He's got to be the guy. He needs 15 to 20 shots every night. He needs to get to the line. While we're all complaining about mcw, bt has shown he's shooting his jumper with confidence, and getting to the rim. Did everyone see his nasty crossover on siva? Hes one of the best defensive guards in the country and bt abused him. What about the 2 pullup jumpshots against cinncinnati. If we had beaten villanova, we would all be talking about how brandon took over in the second half. He needs to play like he's the big easts best player going forward. If he does that we win the league, and get a number one seed.

Someone whose name can be abbreviated with three letters needs to give him the ball when it's needed.

He's really the one with the best combination of strength & finesse to make clutch plays going to the basket down the stretch. No way to beat around the bush. He gets to the line & can step out of the lane for the 12 footer too.

I agree with him taking alot of shots because since BE has started he is killing it. I am a broken record but shooting outside jumpers off of 3-4 bounces and stalling one on one( isolation) isn't his game.
I always wait for him to break out and be that, but hes more a spot up and motion slasher.
imo, Hard to put more pressure on brandon the game is so natural to him at the moment. And not just Triche but Mike and CJ can put this team on their back in nba fashion.

1.Triches first bucket in that clip siva is barely playing any defense it actually looked like he was expecting him to pass. he went for the passing lane to Mike instead of staying in front of triche. Triches crossover did not juke him out, and Siva looked surprised that he actually drove towards the deadspace of the sideline. The secondary defenders feet were unset, and Deng was late getting outside the circle. Slow start for Louisvilles defense.
2. In the second clip triche drains a spot up three, no one on one involved. Actually Mike drew a double to get Triche that shot. Later in the game Triche at one point returns the same play to Mike but it takes a screen for Triche to draw the double.
3. In the third clip triche gets a screen to roll around his man. Louisville is actually in position for a box and one at that point at the elbows. The one defender plays mike on the perimeter and Deng ops to shotblock triche instead of stepping up and playing a charge. Furthermore the two defenders in the low paint do nothing to defend triche or cut his driving lane, and Dengs feet aren't squared up to make a shotblock. With nobody stepping in front of Triche in the high or low post with a charge or block triche gets more speed and verticle attacking the basket.

Im not saying I am 100% right he does get the occasional isolation bucket(even the last 3 years), but you won't see more then 3 of those shots a game up to this point.

This is the same thing that is keeping Fair from being a monster right now. He is no where near the perimeter/just inside the perimeter player that he is in the high post.
By comparison Mike could give you a dozen isolation floaters a game taking on his man one on one, and he would get the shot off with ease. Same with someone like Dion. In fairness, there are few guards like that though.

If Triche ever starts finding his favorite driving lanes when
1.the defender is draped all over him,
2.right in front of him, and
3. between the basket one on one
he could be ...
1.one of the top 3 scoring guards in college ball-Period and
2. probably a sure NBA pick.
But, I am not saying Triche needs to be that either.

I wasn't arguing the jumpshot in that sequence, but I will agree to disagree. The two drives and finishes in that sequence were both great plays, and not sure how you can argue siva was not abused on that move.

If I were Boeheim I would constantly be on the refs, both publicly and during the game, to call it when Triche gets fouled on his drives. Once the refs are softened up - then turn him loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom