The Transfer Study: A look into commitment habits of 700 top players | Syracusefan.com

The Transfer Study: A look into commitment habits of 700 top players

Interesting data. It would be nice if student-athletes could transfer like other students -at least when coaches leave their school.

Interesting data. It would be nice if student-athletes could transfer like other students -at least when coaches leave their school.
A player can transfer without penalty if a coach leaves.

Unfortunately that is not true for MBB (and FB). You have to sit a year unless a waiver is approved. Look at Minnesota is doing to try and get a couple of transfers eligible right away- http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/217501571.html

I don't like the idea of Pitino the younger bringing a couple of his FIU players along with him. No problem with their transferring and being immediately eligible (if they fit in one of the exceptions). Just not at the school he has recently taken over.

I don't like the idea of Pitino the younger bringing a couple of his FIU players along with him. No problem with their transferring and being immediately eligible (if they fit in one of the exceptions). Just not at the school he has recently taken over.

I gave Bobby Knight's son an o/u of 2.5 yrs at TTech. He may have beaten it but not by much. I give Pitino the Younger an o/u of 3.5 yrs.