The Upside: Duke | Syracusefan.com

The Upside: Duke

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Well, we faced down big, bad Duke in big, bad Cameron and gave them all they wanted, even if the game got taken away from us at the end. I’ll never be scared of playing them there again. We are S.U!

- I went into the game fearful that Duke would hit another 15 threes and the way we were shooting, we’d be in a free fall. Coming out of the game I feel that this team has bottomed out and will be on the rise now- just when they need to be.

- Jim Boeheim may have ended the contest by getting the two technicals. But I was proud of him for still having such passion, (and being able to move like that at age 69) in his 38th season as head and 9 years after being inducted into the Hall of Fame. And his performance in the post- game press conference was a classic.

- We opened the game shooting 7 for 13, then missed 22 of our last 25 shots in the first half. In the second half we shot 14 for 27. CJ Fair started making those shots he had been missing and Jerami Grant dominated inside. They scored 19 second half points between them.

- Baye Moussa Keita, (who Jay Williams just called Bye Keisa Mutta), is an option again. He played 20 minutes and pulled down 9 rebounds.

- Michael Gbinije had a successful return to Duke, scoring 8 points including our only two three pointers of the game. Let’s hope this will light a fire in him and he’ll become a more productive player.

- It could have been worse: If we had beaten Boston College, that call could have ended our unbeaten streak. Or would that have been better?

- We know that UNC will always be Duke’s major rival. But there’s room for multiple rivalries. We had some great ones in the old Big East, not just with Georgetown but with St. John’s and Villanova, even Boston College and later Connecticut and Pittsburgh. This rivalry is off to a great start and the games in the future between Duke, UNC, SU, Pitt and Louisville will really be something. And the ACC tournament is going to be a battle royal.

25-2, (12-2), with 4+ to go

Let’s Go Orange!

Last edited:
This is how legendary rivalries begin. I said I would be happy if we could just make it a game, and we did. I hope Boeheim's passion will be remembered by our players for a long time. Hope it helps them on Monday, because they will be tired.

Proud of the Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom