The Upside- Miami | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Miami

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We lost two games we expected to lose. We actually competed in those games better than I imagined and had a chance to win them. I come away from these games thinking we have a little better team than I thought- or that the conference isn’t quite the gauntlet I thought it would be.

- Mal Richardson, who had been the big culprit in our shooting slump, seems to have broken out of it. He was 7 for 15, including 5 for 6 from long range and scored 20 points. He also had 6 rebounds, something else we needed from him.

- Nobody’s talking about I but Tyler Lydon actually had a good game. He scored only 7 points but had 10 rebounds, 2 steals, an assist and a block. Why did he score only 7 points? Because we have him out on the perimeter, not in the high post where a player of his skills belongs. (Yeah, I know…broken record. But we have a broken offense.)

- Good players find a way to get numbers even when they are struggling. Michael Gbinije managed, despite his dismal shooting from the field and at the line, to get to 10 points so he ahs double figures in all 15 games. If he could get there tonight, I think he can get there in all 31 games. He also had 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 steals. You can’t keep a good man down. You can just make it hard to get to where he wants to go.

- We lost to two teams we expected to lose to. Now let’s beat a team we expect to beat.

10-5 (0-2) with 16+ to go…and only 7 more wins needed to guarantee our 46th consecutive winning season!

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom