The Upside- UNC | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- UNC

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We led most of the game against a North Carolina team that had won 10 of 11, in their own place. Even in our depleted state, we can hang with the best.

- We scored 83 points, our fourth best output of the season, (and Wake Forest was in overtime). Cooney got 28, Christmas 22, Gbinije 16 and Roberson 13. We now have a Big Four.

- We forced 20 turnovers, 10 of them outright steals.

- After going 5 for 11 from the free throw line against Miami, Rakeem Christmas went an astonishing 10 for 10 in this game. The team as a whole was 18 for 23, an excellent 78%.

- The evening was shared with Accurater and Accurater and Accurat2, who plied with me with Pizza and showed me a fascinating collection of Syracuse National memorabilia. That and some good stories made the evening palatable, despite the result of the game. (Downside within the Upside: SU is now 1-5 when we get together to watch a game. I suggested to Accurater that we pick an easier opponent next time. He scoffed at that idea, saying that we’d then lose a game we had no business losing. He’s rather watch us lose a game we expected to lose so it will be less painful. He’d rather be pleasantly surprised with a victory.)

We had 4 major contributors offensively in the game. We've gone from 2 to 4 and in this game all four scored in double digits. Hoping Kaleb finds his groove taking more of those short jumpers in the lane.

The kids battled throughout and never gave up which I think is very encouraging. They didn't seem outclassed just out manned particularly with Roberson fouling out and G with 4 fouls.

Tough to play Saturday and have a short turnaround for a Monday road game. Hope the kids can heal up, re-energize with 8 days off while not losing their edge. Great effort , sadly, disappointing but not surprising result.

We had 4 major contributors offensively in the game. We've gone from 2 to 4 and in this game all four scored in double digits. Hoping Kaleb finds his groove taking more of those short jumpers in the lane.

The kids battled throughout and never gave up which I think is very encouraging. They didn't seem outclassed just out manned particularly with Roberson fouling out and G with 4 fouls.

Tough to play Saturday and have a short turnaround for a Monday road game. Hope the kids can heal up, re-energize with 8 days off while not losing their edge. Great effort , sadly, disappointing but not surprising result.
Like the phrase, "we were not outclassed, just out manned."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom