The Upside - Villanova | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Villanova

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We went toe to toe with the #6 team in the nation and, despite the final score, I didn’t come away thinking that we were a lost worse than they were. We’ve just got to get the most out of our guys for 40 minutes.

- Jimmy Boeheim showed the world that Buddy isn’t the only Boeheim who can play this game. He carried the team with 21 points on his whirling drives. He’s the perfect guy to operate from the middle of a defense focused on stopping our three point shooters.

- I liked our defense. Villanova didn’t just miss. We were very active. (Maybe we used all of our energy on that and that’s why we could get the rebounds when we made them miss: it’s not a successful defensive possession unless you wind up with the ball- in bounds)

- Joe Girard had those three bad turnovers but he also made some big shots, hitting 3 of 5 treys and scoring 11 points.

- Cole Swider didn’t do much scoring but he was our only successful rebounder with 12.

- The schedule now softens for a bit. We’ll be favored over Georgetown, Lehigh and Cornell and an 8-4 record should give us a very good chance to extend the streak of winning seasons. To achieve goals beyond that we’ve got to play a lot better. But I think this team can play a lot better. I’ve seen flashes of what might wind up being a very good team. We’ve just got to turn off the stroboscope.

5-4 with 22+ to go.

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom