The Walking Dead | Syracusefan.com

The Walking Dead

SteveC

Starter
Am i crazy for not having seen it? I hear everywhere that it's an amazing show but just haven't taken time to watch it.

Am i crazy for not having seen it? I hear everywhere that it's an amazing show but just haven't taken time to watch it.

I watched 1/2 of one episode, and turned it off. Same goes for the series with the high school teacher selling drugs. Can't even remember the name of that one, but it too is highly rated.

I feel sorry for you that you didn't give breaking bad a better chance. It's a show that has literally gotten better every season. It's highly rated because it's one of the best shows of all time. You are absolutely missing out.

Give it another chance... promise you won't regret it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah i never got into breaking bad either. I'm still probably going to check out The Walking Dead though. I've heard so many people say it's good. I'm assuming it's on netflix.

I just started episode 2 of the video game and it's fantastic. At this point i'm hoping the show can live up to it.

Walking dead is compelling. I was hoping this would be a discussion about phone calls from the dead, hot buff dreadlocked black girls with katanas named Michonne, or the merits of keeping around ones conquered enemies' still undead severed heads in a fishtank.

Intrigued?

they're all there on letmewatchthis if you don't mind shady streaming sites from the Czech Republic.

Walking dead is compelling. I was hoping this would be a discussion about phone calls from the dead, hot buff dreadlocked black girls with katanas named Michonne, or the merits of keeping around ones conquered still undead severed heads in a fishtank.

Intrigued?

there are all there on letmewatchthis if you don't mind shady streaming sites from the Czech Republic.

Y.. wait what?

Walking Dead is great. Not into Zombie pics or vampire crap but this show is amazing. No one lives in this apocalypse.
Want to see another good series. "The Killing". Try your library or netflix. Two year series great ending. Not your usual and customary T&A dective murder story.

I loaaaathe zombie-themes, and it's 'bearable' for me... so it must be fantastic for everyone else.

No, you're not crazy for not having seen it. I love Walking Dead (the comics as well as the show), but it's far from being the best show on TV or anything like that. It started out exceptionally well with one of the best pilots I've ever seen, then sort of petered out over the rest of the first season (which was only six episodes), but had a good first season finale.

The second season started out strong as well, but the middle kind of, well, sucked. That's probably in large part because there were creative differences behind the scenes and Frank Darabont was fired from the show, but also because the writers didn't take any time in the first season trying to actually make us care about any characters, so by the time they were standing around talking about what they should do, you didn't really give a because there were basically no likable people in the group (with one or two noteworthy exceptions). Season two had a strong ending as well, though, and gave it some good momentum heading into season three.

Season three, so far, has been far and away the best and most consistent of the three seasons, largely because where the first and second seasons tended to veer from the plot of the comics a bit too much, this season is following it much more closely. I think they realized the comics are popular for a reason and decided to stick to the story a bit more. They've still changed a few things here and there, but it's a vast improvement in my opinion. It's still not a particularly well written show and there are some...let's say, mediocre...actors in the cast, but it's tense and exciting and is a show where literally no one is safe. Well, there are two characters who are 100% safe, but after that absolutely no one else is, and could die at any moment.

It's very, very gory, so I don't know if that'd make you more or less likely to watch. And a fan favorite character from the comics is being introduced in the next episode, played by a guy from The Wire, which makes me extremely giddy.

I read the first~40 issues of the comic and was excited to see the show . . . but I was underwhelmed by the first season, and didn't like the 2nd season much at all. Still, I stuck with it because I have always had a thing for zombies (should probably go back to the favorite movies thread and add the original DotD).

This season has been very good. It's not a great show by any stretch of the imagination, but this season has been very good at keeping up the tempo and the tension.

Also, not to spoil anything, but if anyone is reading through the comics...let me just tell you, issue 100 will make you hate Robert Kirkman with every fiber of your being.

And if people think the show is dark, they should read the comics. The comics are so freaking dark and morbid it's absurd.

Also, not to spoil anything, but if anyone is reading through the comics...let me just tell you, issue 100 will make you hate Robert Kirkman with every fiber of your being.

And if people think the show is dark, they should read the comics. The comics are so freaking dark and morbid it's absurd.

I'm not a big comic person but i don't mind reading them. If you were to chose 1, i'm assuming you'd pick the comic over the show?

The comic is better than the show, yes. But good lord, it is soooooo dark.

1. I want Milton to die so badly. Every second of him is a waste.
2. I love the guy who decides to sleep off the zombie apocalypse in his cabin.
3. I really hope Carl gets to bang that blond girl. he really wants to.
4dPeG.png

Solid mid-season "finale" (why do they have to do that?).

Merles lie to the Gov about finishing off Michone came back to bite him and they managed to pull off a surprise about how his encounter with Daryl would go down.

As everyone is saying, you knew that T-Dogg v2.0 was going to get killed as soon as they introduced T-Dogg v3.0. Apparently, this guy is popular from the books, so he'll probably last a while. Pretty dumb group he's hanging with though - keeping a bit person around, constantly screaming during all encounters, etc.

How dare you insult Tyreese by referring to him as T-Dogg v3.0! Tyreese is awesome, and I wish they had introduced him as early in the show as they did in the books. He's a former linebacker for the Falcons who kills only with his hammer, and he is a freaking killing machine. In the books he became basically Rick's right hand man after Shane, and he was actually with them at the farm, etc.

And he's played by Cutty from The Wire, so I'm doubly giddy.

1. I want Milton to die so badly. Every second of him is a waste.
2. I love the guy who decides to sleep off the zombie apocalypse in his cabin.
3. I really hope Carl gets to bang that blond girl. he really wants to.
4dPeG.png

I'm pretty sure Carl in the series is only 12 or so, come on man. I think one of the more disturbing themes of the show is how Carl has lost his innocence, but that's probably just me as a dad talking.

I'm pretty sure Carl in the series is only 12 or so, come on man. I think one of the more disturbing themes of the show is how Carl has lost his innocence, but that's probably just me as a dad talking.
Ah man, now you make me look bad!:) I view him as like a freshman in high school.

Ok don't have Showtime but bought season 1 of Homeland. Anyway to see season 2 episodes or do I need to wait until it is over and for sale?

Ok don't have Showtime but bought season 1 of Homeland. Anyway to see season 2 episodes or do I need to wait until it is over and for sale?
Well the zombies certainly won't stop you.

The rest of us in the Walking Dead thread will probably just be confused.

Kill off Carl. Kill off Carl. Kill off Carl. Kill off Carl. Kill off Carl. Kill off Carl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom