The Walking Dead | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

The Walking Dead

As soon as they pulled that hatchet out I was thinking they were going to chop Ricks hand off. It was angst the whole time. Then when they laid Carl's arm out there I thought 'holy sht' they're going to do it. I couldn't believe the poor kid was not only blind but now they're going to cut his hand off. sweet jesus. The suspense of this entire episode was awesome and when they killed Abraham i was shocked they whacked Glen to. I mean just awesome suspense and shock 'n awe. It was great.

Negan - didn't he say to Glen "your eye is popping out, man it's gross. You should see it." His lines were great.

Comic book Carl is pretty good. TV Carl is grating. But I'm waiting for Carl to go all Carol. I think (hope) it's coming.

bWim8v1hI3N8P90R-uxG0dkGS7RO7n4nd41mtLEjktyZU7CipKmNBsMvTF6AAUyvsCwjvgI1OaHJ-J9uQYdb0zKEIo-oN10n6NsljbxvqnN3M1eL8udw0XtjgxVzY1z1RUp3uhMFy_kDLD5qADkGhKJyV4tx0Tg-21wReiwVrapRbsQEMn3o40BpggKLTCUr8ArPn5c0TZmyXOtRia6sAeV11hWRtjffq76bj02tgtHSgYGyiqMWO4OtumKhN6ifGoahgXYYv_0dHqWkZ2lh6uo4vQnHYW5dzrK9GXrqkhbITpld2XULRomw1e70KH6YA25vCYfrGlWkYTwWxFmBAOvyNf4HhwABtRIsvc0Sp5hdDUDMSr-YzTd_WIXQLWePAkn5vMI_ckAZolJvpU198U3jTZA3hGVSWu-dXaJQ2T-_jwxE4jiWtmFYdcHhbResdBuf_tsDvf7aNIqRRM5rsbWiTHLEF3gQHpZjxHnugqmUu1NN4frYpc2-885iQIphRiLcIGYZZK0heZm2p5-6LVcvawPbzuMlKxJyE0zWCkq_K8lCB_MNol1CeCin2npr66igyE39GSdtEtmi1Ql1nsWUZ2-YgCFz_P20dwVq9_GyjRzV=w576-h810-no

Flipping hate Carl. I knew it wouldn't be but I spent the whole off season hoping it was him who died.
We've had a number of close calls over the years but the kid just won't die.

Every time he shows up in an episode this runs thru my mind

Gotta admit, the makeup people do an awesome job with the walkers and Lucille recipients.

The King Ezekiel Choir rendition of Don't Think Twice It's Alright is hands down the worst cover of a Dylan tune I have ever heard.

Impossible to maintain the kind of pace the season premier had but the last two episodes have been lackluster. Last night's was slightly better than week 2 but that isn't saying much.

Impossible to maintain the kind of pace the season premier had but the last two episodes have been lackluster. Last night's was slightly better than week 2 but that isn't saying much.
haven't seen this week's episode yet, but the whole King Ezekiel thing has the feeling of shark-jumping.

Yes, I know it's weird that I'm willing to suspend disbelief for zombies but not for kings, tigers and scepters. Yes, I know he was in the comics. I have read the comics. But what works on the page does not always translate to TV, and I think this is feeling like one of those times.

I thought this weeks episode might have been the best ever on the show. just because there isnt action and blood the show can still be well written and acted and enjoyed.

I thought this weeks episode might have been the best ever on the show. just because there isnt action and blood the show can still be well written and acted and enjoyed.
While I think the season premiere was the best for tension and intensity, I agree that the show this past Sunday was very good and like you said well written and acted. Dwight may not be as much as an a-hole as we thought (nice to know some back story), his "ex" wife is hot, and Darryl isn't giving into anyone. I'd go nuts having to hear that crazy song constantly.

Daryl's episode showed him in captivity for a long time, maybe even weeks to months. I wonder if they are going to skip forward with Rick's group too or if we just won't see much of Daryl until the rest of the plot catches up. The latter would provide cover if the actor was busy on another project and also allow time to delve into the new characters.

Daryl's episode showed him in captivity for a long time, maybe even weeks to months. I wonder if they are going to skip forward with Rick's group too or if we just won't see much of Daryl until the rest of the plot catches up. The latter would provide cover if the actor was busy on another project and also allow time to delve into the new characters.
Hmm, good question and good insight. The previews for this Sunday's show has Negan at Alexandria, which in the 1st episode was supposed to be about a week I think after the beating to collect half their . So, it may not be the weeks to months you suggest, but surely some time has passed.

Curious - why do you think it was weeks to months?

Curious - why do you think it was weeks to months?
Months is a stretch, but they played the song prior to each daily (or longer?) feeding several times during the episode. And I think they also had a montage indicating more passage of time than the number shown.

Months is a stretch, but they played the song prior to each daily (or longer?) feeding several times during the episode. And I think they also had a montage indicating more passage of time than the number shown.

I guess you could assume he's only getting fed once a day based on how greedily he chowed down on dog food. I'm not sure though.

Negan is a garbage villain. He's not even in the love to hate category. He wastes resources like crazy. He walks around iin the open like an idiot.

I can buy a lot of fiction on a zombie show. I can't buy a villain that's this dumb.

Negan is a garbage villain. He's not even in the love to hate category. He wastes resources like crazy. He walks around iin the open like an idiot. I can buy a lot of fiction on a zombie show. I can't buy a villain that's this dumb.
It's because Negan is so arrogant he thinks he can do whatever he wants, and has his secret service brainwashed people around him all the time.

Negan is a garbage villain. He's not even in the love to hate category. He wastes resources like crazy. He walks around iin the open like an idiot.

I can buy a lot of fiction on a zombie show. I can't buy a villain that's this dumb.

well not to mention we know he won't win. So this all seems like an exercise in futility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom