the watchmen | Syracusefan.com

the watchmen

moqui

generational talent
a little surprised there has been no discussion here

2 episodes in . . . i can't say i like it. it's not the watchmen those of us who were into the comic book know. they told us this before it launched, saying it was "in the watchmen universe."

i'll give it another episode or two, but it is not must watch tv. i won't see this week's episode till late in the week.

Its on my list to try out.. but I was thinking I needed to get my OC resume cleaned up, now I have to switch it to a DC resume and that takes time.

a little surprised there has been no discussion here

2 episodes in . . . i can't say i like it. it's not the watchmen those of us who were into the comic book know. they told us this before it launched, saying it was "in the watchmen universe."

i'll give it another episode or two, but it is not must watch tv. i won't see this week's episode till late in the week.

It's supposed to be a "remix."

I kinda dig it. I'm not a comic book guy, but I like the tone, and think it's been well-acted. It's Lindelof. I never watched lost, but I watched some of the Leftovers, which I also kinda liked, but it was really heavy for a Sunday night. This show has more entertainment value.

I couldn't get all the way through the pilot without falling asleep, and I tried 3 different times. Pass.

I like it so far.

But the connection to the original books / movie -- which have been alluded to across the first two episodes via numerous easter eggs -- has not been explicitly explained, the setting is new [Tulsa], and right now there's a lot more unexplained than explained.

Don't "love" it, but will be interesting to see how it unfolds. I'll give HBO the benefit of the doubt, and give it a few more episodes.

I'm on episode 5. My wife bailed after episode 2. I like it. Weird and my kind of humor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom