The way Grant plays... | Syracusefan.com

The way Grant plays...

BostonOrange

2nd String
..reminds me of a young Amare. They both: 1. Are tremendous athletes 2. Like to face up from 17 ft and take their guy off the dribble. 3. Have the ability to hit the 17 ft j if given to them 4. Are clever finishers near the rim - more than just dunks.

Clearly Grant lacks the tremendous, explosive power Amare had, but otherwise there are a lot of similarities.

I thought Grant was going to be a solid 2 guard until he grew 1000 inches. I can't imagine if he could handle the ball better and be a 2 or 3, he'd do what he did vs Dukes little guys every night.

Grant has had exponential growth, in his body as well as his basketball game. Keep working on those finishing moves and he will be unstoppable.

..reminds me of a young Amare. They both: 1. Are tremendous athletes 2. Like to face up from 17 ft and take their guy off the dribble. 3. Have the ability to hit the 17 ft j if given to them 4. Are clever finishers near the rim - more than just dunks.

Clearly Grant lacks the tremendous, explosive power Amare had, but otherwise there are a lot of similarities.

Amare's game was all power when he was young. Explosive power. Grant is much more Hak, than Amare'. Similar size and length. Explosive leapers. Limited perimeter skills. Grant is the better player with more upside at this point.

Last night reminded me of the "good old days" when Syracuse would play G-town for instance and you had the likes of Coleman, Owens, Mutombo, Mourning, etc. on the same court.

Parker is an absolute stud and it speaks volumes to me how Grant and Xmas not only held there own physically but were able to attack Parker on both ends of the floor.

Haven't seen this much front court raw talent in a single college game in a long while. If Xmas and Grant both continue to improve on the offensive side this front line will be scary good.

Need Roberson to develop off the bench for more front court depth and also need quality minutes from Gbinijie. This team could be rolling come March.

Bring on 'zona, lets go toe to toe and see who is still standing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom