The worst part about all of this | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The worst part about all of this

Agreed. Still get back to no natural recruiting base. If there’s a next guy they better address how to attempt to overcome it.
Need someone who can be a practitioner of the NIL dark arts.

I was on Team Keep Dino before the game. Now I’m not so sure.

I just fear that SU doesn’t have the $ to attract the kind of coach that can turn this thing around.
You can’t let fear of change make you content with failure and keep you from even trying to improve.

You don’t keep paying someone who has shown that he is not up to the job. I’m quite sure that it is possible to find someone who can achieve more than one winning season in six years. The bar to be better than what we have is quite low. It is not daunting enough to be afraid of.

5 starters came out of the portal
Then get more. Our roster is not ACC sized. The recruiting is pretty bad for all the aforementioned reasons, it is the only way Syracuse can get the talent to compete.

Agreed. Still get back to no natural recruiting base. If there’s a next guy they better address how to attempt to overcome it.
I think after six years we know that Babers doesn’t have what it takes to overcome those very real structural limitations the program faces. So we either bring him back and hope that he magically figures it out, or we roll the dice with someone else.

If Eddie O can get 35 four star kids from Louisiana to drive 18 hours north then I’ll drive him up. But he would be Les Miles Kansas.
O can recruit. He would get players to come to SU.
Les Miles wasn’t a recruiter.
Orgeron is a recruiter.

O would get into PA/NJ/FL he can recruit.
Problem he is a scummy in his offield actions.

It would not be Les Miles-Kansas.

Miles hired bad fits at LSU and got fired he had Odell/Jarvis Landry and had Cam Cameron running a bad offense.

O went 51-20 and had the offield issue with a LSU board of trustee member’s wife according to the Athletic. That did him in. As he wouldn’t be gone that fast without something like the athletic reported.

If Eddie O can get 35 four star kids from Louisiana to drive 18 hours north then I’ll drive him up. But he would be Les Miles Kansas.
With all that talent he still stinks as a head coach.

I think after six years we know that Babers doesn’t have what it takes to overcome those very real structural limitations the program faces. So we either bring him back and hope that he magically figures it out, or we roll the dice with someone else.

And if thats the decision thats fine. Lots of 6-6 types in the ACC with programs better suited than us.

If the drill is he had five games to the whistle and he only got two that’s how it goes.

I don’t have confidence we can get a good replacement.

LSU/Florida/USC are going to have a hard time filling their jobs.

Dino should be gone but let’s face Jeremy’s post is how a good portion of the fanbase feels.

I don’t have no confidence we will fill the job with a good candidate next year either.
There are plenty of coaches to grab...

Moorhead makes $1.1 million
Caldwell at Coastal makes $1.5
Jim McElwain at Central Michigan makes $1.8
Leipold at Kansas makes $2.5
Crandle at Toledo makes $1.7
Lewis at Kent State makes $800k

Last edited:
O is also a very bad person with zero moral standing. He could offer to coach free and SU would never hire him. He didn’t handle himself well when he was an assistant at SU.

O can recruit. He would get players to come to SU.
Les Miles wasn’t a recruiter.
Orgeron is a recruiter.

O would get into PA/NJ/FL he can recruit.
Problem he is a scummy in his offield actions.

It would not be Les Miles-Kansas.

Miles hired bad fits at LSU and got fired he had Odell/Jarvis Landry and had Cam Cameron running a bad offense.

O went 51-20 and had the offield issue with a LSU board of trustee member’s wife according to the Athletic. That did him in. As he wouldn’t be gone that fast without something like the athletic reported.

He hasn’t had to do that work in a long long time. And that issue is the one that’s public

I don’t have confidence we can get a good replacement.

LSU/Florida/USC are going to have a hard time filling their jobs.

Dino should be gone but let’s face Jeremy’s post is how a good portion of the fanbase feels.

I don’t have no confidence we will fill the job with a good candidate next year either.
LSU - Lincoln Riley
Florida - Billy Napier
USC - Matt Campbell

They should move off of Dino if they have a pretty good idea that they can get their top 1 or 2 options

Ed Oregeon went 51-20 at LSU and he got fired.

People here want no part of baggage.

If we wouldn’t consider a guy like Orgeron I have no confidence we could get a good candidate.

We aren’t getting Moorehead better jobs will be offered to him.

Mullen is actually a candidate for NFL jobs.

I want no part of a MAC HC.

So that leaves assistants no thanks.

Dino is getting another year which will just delay the inevitable which is stupid.
Silly.

We need someone hungry (probably means young) with NE ties, HC experience

I think we missed the boat on Lance Leipold last year

Clawson and Doreen and Matt Campbell we’re all those types once

A washed up old HC won’t do what necessary to build it right. Plus O has a metric ton of baggage.

LSU - Lincoln Riley
Florida - Billy Napier
USC - Matt Campbell

They should move off of Dino if they have a pretty good idea that they can get their top 1 or 2 options
The only job Riley is leaving Ou for is the Cowboys.

Ed Oregeon went 51-20 at LSU and he got fired.

People here want no part of baggage.

If we wouldn’t consider a guy like Orgeron I have no confidence we could get a good candidate.

We aren’t getting Moorehead better jobs will be offered to him.

Mullen is actually a candidate for NFL jobs.

I want no part of a MAC HC.

So that leaves assistants no thanks.

Dino is getting another year which will just delay the inevitable which is stupid.
What about an fcs coach like KC Keeler. Has won everywhere he's coached and has northeast ties.

Is I fully expect Wildhack to announce Monday that's he's happy with the progress from 1 to 5 wins and that Dino is back. This school simply isn't serious about winning at the P5 D1 level save for lacrosse. Shameful
another thing that is sad is that this year the acc was down and schedule was reasonable for success

There are plenty of coaches to grab...

Moorhead makes $1.1 million
Caldwell at Coastal makes $1.5
Jim McElwain at Central Michigan makes $1.8
Leipold at Kansas makes $2.5
Crandle at Toledo makes $1.7
Lewis at Kent State makes $800k
Like every one except Candle at Toledo. He's a a Babers clone. Right down to the delay of game penalties after a timeout or commercial break.

“"I think we're right on the verge of exactly where I want to be," he said in a one-on-one interview with Spectrum News 1 last week.

Dino, SEP 2021

Use they portal, it's the best thing that could of happened for Syracuse football but the coach can't see it.
He doesn't want to be "an NFL mercenary." What the hell does that even mean? He's got to use the portal to get good players buried on depth charts at factories that see SYR as an opportunity to play. The portal is the key to getting out of the sewer.

Last edited:
He doesn't want to be "an NFL mercenary." What the hell dies that even mean? He's got to use the portal to get good players buried on depth charts at factories that see SYR as an opportunity to play. The portal is the key to getting out of the sewer.
1000 percent agree but our coach is “old school”

Saddens me that I’ll almost have to cheer for the team to lose so we get a new coach. This is really starting to feel GRobian.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom