The worst part of tonight | Syracusefan.com

The worst part of tonight

Is why the he** did it take slaps, fouls, and stomach bugs to allow Justin Taylor to see extended minutes??

This will never happen, but he should be playing over Girard.
Because...spacing?

He obviously hasn't shown enough in practice to justify playing him. You know, those practices that are shorter than what's allowed, despite having a bunch of young players that may benefit from all the instruction they could get.

I’ll go out on a limp and say we’ll never see Judah, Bell and Taylor on the floor at the floor at the same time, even though we should.

Taylor will start to take minutes away from Bell, not Joe.
I agree. It's odd how much JB blindly supports certain players. You would think with limited time left coaching, he should be bailing on a player like Girard when it clearly isn't working.

But at least he can put the ball in the basket. It’s not like we have a ton of options on offense.
So can anybody with enough attempts, one game this year he’s shot well, Buss Patterson all over again.

To be fair, JB doesn’t watch these guys even. Practice. So how would he know?

I'm surprised there aren't more people talking about JB not calling a timeout when Girard was trapped and we turned the ball over?
Because it was a passive trap. Girard with unfortunately common nonchalance threw a lazy floater obverse the top.

I'm surprised there aren't more people talking about JB not calling a timeout when Girard was trapped and we turned the ball over?
Thought I heard a coach can not call a TO in the last minute?

Is why the he** did it take slaps, fouls, and stomach bugs to allow Justin Taylor to see extended minutes??

This will never happen, but he should be playing over Girard.
Because he SUCKED at shooting the basketball (until this game), and you know, making it go through the rim to score points.

The problem with losing to Colgate is it gave Bryant confidence and hope, which now gives teams we should dominate like Oakland, Monmouth, Cornell, Pitt and Boston College expectations like never before and all the hope and confidence in the world. Never could I imagine that our customary early cream puff schedule would turn into a nightmare.

I'm sure Taylor doesn't see 10 minutes of PT the next several games.

I agree. It's odd how much JB blindly supports certain players. You would think with limited time left coaching, he should be bailing on a player like Girard when it clearly isn't working.
I don’t think you need to bail on Joe for the season or anything. But when he’s playing as bad as he has the past two games, you have to sit him and play other guys. Then again we didn’t have many other options. Judah got ejected and Sy has been a real disappointment and still got a lot of playing time.

Last edited:
I don’t think you need to bail on Joe for the season or anything. But when he’s playing as bad as he has the past two game, you have to sit him and play other guys. Then again we didn’t have many other options. Judah got ejected and Sy has been a real disappointment and still got a lot of playing time.
I think one of the few things JB has done well this year is yank Joe when he's gunning and playing me ball. Last night his option was Joe or Symir and to me Symir is a bigger liability than Joe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom