The worst part of tonight | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The worst part of tonight

The problem with losing to Colgate is it gave Bryant confidence and hope, which now gives teams we should dominate like Oakland, Monmouth, Cornell, Pitt and Boston College expectations like never before and all the hope and confidence in the world. Never could I imagine that our customary early cream puff schedule would turn into a nightmare.
The problem with losing to Colgate is that it indicates we aren't good... again. Those teams should have hope because we aren't good... again.

Taylor should start and Bell should be a two guard behind joe…Joe keeps playing this way he should be benched.
Interesting thought. Can Bell bring the ball up the court? We would not loose much on rebounds since neither Joe or Bell rebound.

I think one of the few things JB has done well this year is yank Joe when he's gunning and playing me ball. Last night his option was Joe or Symir and to me Symir is a bigger liability than Joe.
Talk about being in a world of hurt yesterday with Mintz tossed out, and neither Joe or Symir ready to play ball when we really needed them. Maybe it was in the water since even Judah started out of control? Only way I can live with yesterday's loss is to look only to the future. Can not change what happened.

Sad but most likely true!!
Disagree on Taylor’s minutes (I hope). I think JB sees progress with Bell and Taylor. Their offense and defense has been improving. Now we need them both to start rebounding!

Disagree on Taylor’s minutes (I hope). I think JB sees progress with Bell and Taylor. Their offense and defense has been improving. Now we need them both to start rebounding!
I really hope what you are saying will happen with Bell and Taylor. But where will Taylor's minutes come from remains the question. Folks may quickly say Benny but without Benny there will be no rebounds beyond what Jesse can muster. I feel the minutes have to come from Joe but it may be a cold day in hell before we see that.

I think one of the few things JB has done well this year is yank Joe when he's gunning and playing me ball. Last night his option was Joe or Symir and to me Symir is a bigger liability than Joe.
Well he’s only averaging 30 seconds less a game than last year.

Despite the bad outcome, you have to give this team some credit for coming back. Three times they cut a thirteen point lead down to seven and it went back to thirteen. They kept battling. They had several defensive stops. Joe’s two transition turnovers were brutal. His last turnover was something a senior should never do. I was screaming from the bleachers to call a timeout. I don’t understand the defensive at the end of the game. Why are we chasing? Just get back and set up your defense. JB never pressures in those situations. They were not getting quick scores when our defense was set up. They would have to make a jump shot to beat us if we are set up on defense. If we want Jesse to get touches, we need three shooters/scorers on the floor. With Bell and Taylor making shots, Jesse had a lot more room to operate.

I really hope what you are saying will happen with Bell and Taylor. But where will Taylor's minutes come from remains the question. Folks may quickly say Benny but without Benny there will be no rebounds beyond what Jesse can muster. I feel the minutes have to come from Joe but it may be a cold day in hell before we see that.
Taylor can split with Bell at SF, which was the original plan. And also play some SG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom