The Year of Wildhack | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Year of Wildhack

So far “the year of Wildhack” has been about as successful as “the summer of George”.
This WBB hire could have been made last year.
FLJ wanted the job after Hillsman resigned.
I feel Wildhack wasted a year of women’s basketball for no reason.

He doesn’t get props for this hire now.

Last edited:

What if she wasn’t available last season? What if he was willing to wait a year for her because he was convinced she was the head coach he really wanted?

I don’t think for a fact this is what happened. But it appears likely. At least to me.

What if she wasn’t available last season? What if he was willing to wait a year for her because he was convinced she was the head coach he really wanted?

I don’t think for a fact this is what happened. But it appears likely. At least to me.
She wanted the job last August.

What happened this season with thr women’s basketball team was unacceptable. These ladies were neglected for a season and had a year of their careers wasted.

We punted a season.

This hire could and should have been done last August.
We wasted a year of recruiting and these players careers.

I think she would have wanted the job but had just signed a new contract with UB.

I think she would have wanted the job but had just signed a new contract with UB.
I linked the article. She publicly said last August she was interested and wanted the SU job.
She would have taken if offered.

We didn’t.
That tells we tried to hire someone else after this year and settled or wasted a year.
Either way I don’t give Wildhack props for how he handled this affair.

Her son was a grad transfer at UB this year. No way she was missing that. So Wildhack waited for her.

I linked the article. She publicly said last August she was interested and wanted the SU job.

We didn’t.
That tells we tried to hire someone else after this year and settled or wasted a year.
It doesn’t “tell” that necessarily at all. It suggests they weren’t ready to bring someone else in. As far as your not giving props, I’ll make a note.

We didn’t.
Or, after the turbulence of Q's exit, he wanted to make sure he got it right. Perhaps that did result in SU pursuing other candidates and coming up short prior to FLJ's hire. That's fine. Both can be true.

It doesn’t “tell” that necessarily at all. It suggests they weren’t ready to bring someone else in. As far as your not giving props, I’ll make a note.
They weren’t ready for someone else means they punted a season away.
Recruiting wise and for the players on the roster.

That isn’t good management.
If she was the hire now it could and should have been done last August.

Let her recruit and get the program going forward. Not keep it in neutral and waste a year.

Or, after the turbulence of Q's exit, he wanted to make sure he got it right. Perhaps that did result in SU pursuing other candidates and coming up short prior to FLJ's hire. That's fine. Both can be true.
If we wanted to hire someone else and failed and settled for FLJ that isn’t good for Wildhack’s ledger.

FLJ should have been hired last August.
This interim job and letting the program waste a year was terrible.

If we wanted to hire someone else and failed and settled for FLJ that isn’t good for Wildhack’s ledger.

FLJ should have been hired last August.
This interim job and letting the program waste a year was terrible.
This was not a normal hire after Q. Kudos to JW for taking the time to get it right. You make it sound like these hires are as easy as waving a magic wand, when there are a multitude of moving pieces involved. This was not the straightforward process that you are insisting it was.

This was not a normal hire after Q. Kudos to JW for taking the time to get it right. You make it sound like these hires are as easy as waving a magic wand, when there are a multitude of moving pieces involved. This was not the straightforward process that you are insisting it was.

You are throwing words out there to spin for Wildhack.
What was tougher than normal?
Why wasn’t it straightforward.

We had a cpach fired for a toxic culture and kept an assistant from that toxic culture to coach in a year we basically tanked.

Recruiting was wasted and the team had bad culture.

FLJ wanted the job last August.
We didn’t hire her then.
Then hired her after a wasted year.

Yeah sorry it was a bad job by the AD.

You are throwing words out there to spin for Wildhack.
What was tougher than normal?
Why wasn’t it straightforward.

We had a cpach fired for a toxic culture and kept an assistant from that toxic culture to coach in a year we basically tanked.

Recruiting was wasted and the team had bad culture.

We didn’t hire her then.
Then hired her after a wasted year.

Yeah sorry it was a bad job by the AD.
There was no way a snap hire was happening here. Repeat: NO. WAY. That's not bad management; that's good administration. JW could NOT get this wrong and have something surface that would throw the program into additional turmoil. That was the priority here. The year was lost no matter what.

There was no way a snap hire was happening here. Repeat: NO. WAY. That's not bad management; that's good administration. JW could NOT get this wrong and have something surface that would throw the program into additional turmoil. That was the priority here. The year was lost no matter what.
Yeah this is your opinion. It’s not a fact.
If we had good management this situation would have never happened.

It’s a bad mark on the management that what happened occurred.

Punting a season is not good management.
Hiring FLJ last August could have happened.
Schools don’t do what we did when they fire coaches like we did. The entire team basically transferred and we kept a coach from the toxic atmosphere around for another year. LOL great management.

FLJ wanted the job last August. Hire her then and let her restart the rebuild then.
What was accomplished doing it the way we did.
Again you just spoke a bunch of a conjecture. Wildhack’s handling of the women’s basketball team has been awful.

If we had good management this situation would have never happened.

It’s a bad mark on the management that what happened occurred.

Punting a season is not good management.
Hiring FLJ last August could have happened.
Schools don’t do what we did when they fire coaches like we did. The entire team basically transferred and we kept a coach from the toxic atmosphere around for another year. LOL great management.

FLJ wanted the job last August. Hire her then and let her restart the rebuild then.
What was accomplished doing it the way we did.
Again you just spoke a bunch of a conjecture. Wildhack’s handling of the women’s basketball team has been awful.

So I will try again.
Wow. So what. Are opinions that don’t pretend everything isn’t awesome and are actually backed up with support not allowed.
When it’s good I support it.
When it’s not good I am not going to pretend it’s good.
I think Wildhack has done a terrible job with the women’s basketball situation and this hire should have been done last August if choice was who it was.

So I will try again.
Wow. So what. Are opinions that don’t pretend everything isn’t awesome and are actually backed up with support not allowed.
When it’s good I support it.
When it’s not good I am not going to pretend it’s good.
I think Wildhack has done a terrible job with the women’s basketball situation and this hire should have been done last August if choice was who it was.
Just pointing out the flaws and blind spots in your reasoning. Nobody is cancelling you.

He doesn't even follow the Women's team, so it isn't worth answering him.
This couldn't be a snap hire after what when down, it needed to be the right hire, and it is.

He doesn't even follow the Women's team, so it isn't worth answering him.
This couldn't be a snap hire after what when down, it needed to be the right hire, and it is.
I don’t follow the women’s team you know this how?
You don’t even say why this couldn’t be a snap hire. Hiring a HC is what teams do. An interim coach in the manner we had an interim is not normal.

I laid out why it wouldn’t have been a snap hire in August. Good job though I was owned yet again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom