The Year of Wildhack | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The Year of Wildhack

Paterno had always claimed not to know about what Sandusky was up to. Should he have been fired? Schiano also claimed he didn’t know what went on, should his being on that staff have been held against him for the Tenn job? Not really asking much as they are moot questions, but I feel like a defense of anyone on Q’s staff because “we don’t know what they might not have known” is akin to defending Paterno or Schiano, or anyone else on that staff. I also feel it doesn’t reflect well on Wildhack for the record that he didn’t know, or that he retained the guy to be HC last season.
I don’t think the SU WBB situation is anything like PSU. That’s pretty much all I care to add. No interest in rehashing the PSU situation.

I don’t think the SU WBB situation is anything like PSU. That’s pretty much all I care to add. No interest in rehashing the PSU situation.
Don’t want to rehash PSU either, but we didn’t see their entire team transfer. In fact most stayed. Just saying it’s hard to believe (for me anyway) that the Associate HC didn’t know how the HC was treating the players in practice or meetings.

Don’t want to rehash PSU either, but we didn’t see their entire team transfer. In fact most stayed. Just saying it’s hard to believe (for me anyway) that the Associate HC didn’t know how the HC was treating the players in practice or meetings.
As I said above… what if the assistant was trying to act as a buffer to advocate for the players? What if he complained to Wildhack too?

If you're an assistant coach and you know the head coach is a jerk, what are you supposed to do about it (assuming no laws were being broken)?

If you're an assistant coach and you know the head coach is a jerk, what are you supposed to do about it (assuming no laws were being broken)?
What I was commenting on is the fact that the assistant was then made head coach, and more so the assertion that it is possible he didn't know the head coach was such a jerk that the entire team transferred out.

That said, what you are supposed to do is tell the AD about the program's toxic culture. The AD seemed to suggest they were not aware of the problem. For all the disbelief and fault I find in that, at minimum it implies that nobody, not even the Associate HC (soon to be interim HC) did not do that.

This WBB hire could have been made last year.
FLJ wanted the job after Hillsman resigned.
I feel Wildhack wasted a year of women’s basketball for no reason.

He doesn’t get props for this hire now.
Her son,a senior, also had just transferred from George Washington to U of Buffalo into the men’s team in Dec 2020 and played this year for them.

Let the perfect AD stand up to identify yourself!

Attachments

• 49ED4295-BE17-4C2B-A8F7-546AEBC5DBD0.jpeg
    49ED4295-BE17-4C2B-A8F7-546AEBC5DBD0.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 73

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online