There are definitely some feelers being sent out | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

There are definitely some feelers being sent out

He'll never get back the trust, IMO. It's clear he doesn't want to be here and Syracuse fans have NEVER had to deal with that.

Does anybody think that if Marrone comes back he will be a little tainted and everyone will just expect him to leave the next season for an NFL job? I love Marrone but if he comes back will that tone down the excitement that is actually starting to build around the program because everyone will expect he has his foot out the door?

This situation is weird to me but I am certainly watching intently because I have always been on the Marrone bandwagon.

I disagree. A majority of the fans don't follow recruiting, don't follow spring practice, and don't know anything about the team until the first game where they instantly become experts. I work with 2 buddies, 1 who has been a season ticket holder for over 15 years and drives 2 hours to every game - doesn't miss a game. The other buddy has a brother who is a big donor and goes and hangs out in club 44 all the time. Neither of these guys knew that Marrone was being considered for the NFL until I bumped into them today and told them. They also aren't following the whole thing like we are. For a majority of the fans the only they will know is that Marrone is either the coach next year or he left and that's as far as they will analyze it.

Just my opinion.

I've posted this a few times now. Marrone is never going to end up in Chicago, I can absolutely 100% guarantee that will not happen and it's not because I'm a Bears fan. Zero chance they hire him but a very good chance he could get an interview because new GM wants to show he's covering all the bases.

Also, the idea the Bears are stingy with money is based on how they did business 4+ years ago. One of the reasons Lovie was let go was the team increased his pay and have then spent a ton of money paying for free agents (or making trades) for players in order to win a Super Bowl. The 1st person to "pay" for not being successful was their GM Jerry Angelo who go the axe last year and this year it was Lovie's turn to pay the price of not making the playoffs.

The team wants a return on the huge increase of money they've put in to the team. Not only do they have to pay one more year on the Lovie's contract but the new GM has been told that money is no object when hiring the next coach. Just pick the right one.

I've always found IB's info to be solid, not that he needs my endorsement

My grandmother once told me to never believe anything I hear from a guy named after a small city in Upstate NY. She also told me to never make friends with anyone who has a generic, non-descript name, like JoeCollege. I'm not doing very well with that advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom