There has never been a more house money game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

There has never been a more house money game

Yea Robert A has not unleashed too much in the gimmick play dept. Pretty accomplished QB, would like to see it. A trick play TD and a Pick 6 and the odds are evened.
we have run 3-5 trick plays but none of them have worked even though everyone one was wide open.. overdue for success

It really is, but I was hoping there was no skin in the game. Selfishly, I really want that 3:30 spot next Saturday against ND.

Assume that's where the more attractive game would go? Or would it go Noon. I don't even know anymore.

I just can't imagine what the attention will be like if we were to win. Seismic shift. Then imagine it's accompanied by an Oregon win over UCLA in Eugene, and possibly K State over TCU (less likely).

I guess the talk would shift to a Big 10-SEC playoff and everyone else is disinvited.

I'm waiting for the end around to Villari with him throwing long. That has to be SOMEWHERE in our playbook.
I think he should have been playing a little tight end this season , just for this , when we need it

Yeah. I think we see a couple of gadget plays Saturday.

So is the “1” Pitt? Is Pitt the last team to win in Death Valley?

Yeah. I think we see a couple of gadget plays Saturday.

So is the “1” Pitt? Is Pitt the last team to win in Death Valley?

Google says yes. 11/112/2016. 43-42 Pitt.
Nathan Peterman threw for 5 TD's.
Chris Blewitt (always LOL at that name for a kicker! :p) kicked a 48-yard field goal with six seconds remaining.

Sorry in advance for the negativity, but I fear we get slaughtered this game. Couple things working against us:

D is banged up (esp GWill and Duce)
First true road test of the year
Clemson is starting to return to their usual selves.

If we can keep it respectable and no significant injuries that would be a win. Lots of winnable games after this one and New Year’s Day bowl still in play.

We win this game and life as we know it changes.

There are always teams that hang around the first half or so of the season that are nipping at the super powers (Bama, UGA, OSU, Clemson) and then fall off.

This may be house money, but the upside of the win is astronomical.

The team should play free, but a win changes the whole narrative of the program and season. National media coverage. A monster game against ND. Ticket sales through the roof. Closing on recruits. Hype for our NFL prospects. CFP legit discussions.

Dino would be doing the Bristol Car Wash if we win this one.

Sorry in advance for the negativity, but I fear we get slaughtered this game. Couple things working against us:

If we can keep it respectable and no significant injuries that would be a win. Lots of winnable games after this one and New Year’s Day bowl still in play.

Duce was seen on video dancing quite actively in the locker room after the NCST win.
Methinks he's gonna be fine.

GW is another story.
If he's back, he may still be dinged up somewhat and not at 100%.

All of the stats say these are 2 very evenly matched teams.

NCST gave the Tiggers all they could handle, and we're a better team than the Pack.

I'm hoping Dino and Dr Bob dial up some trickeration on O - why not??
Go big or go home.

Duce was seen on video dancing quite actively in the locker room after the NCST win.
Methinks he's gonna be fine.

GW is another story.
If he's back, he may still be dinged up somewhat and not at 100%.

All of the stats say these are 2 very evenly matched teams.

NCST gave the Tiggers all they could handle, and we're a better team than the Pack.

I'm hoping Dino and Dr Bob dial up some trickeration on O - why not??
Go big or go home.

I know that Duce got dinged up, but didn't he come back into the game after that? Or were my eyes clouded by Blue Light?

Clemson has 58-1 history at home. A 30+ win streak at home. Top 5 team. Excellent defense. Good offense. Great coach. Great athletes. Great crowd support. Clemson has the odds makers support. Everything to lose.

SU has a banged up defense. A small chance of success. The odds are against them. No crowd support in Death Valley. Nothing to lose.

What are we waiting for! The game is already won, all we need to do is go play it!

Anae will be real offensive, White will be real defensive, Ligashesky's specials will be special. The kids already believe. Dino will motivate. Tucker will run like crazy, Shredder will run and throw. OG will score and make the Tigers defend the middle and the long ball. The other receivers are gaining confidence and will make the Tigers play each of them tight, opening more field for Tucker. Defensively, the DLine drives Uaieogaile...Ukelele...the QB nuts, controls the RB, our DBs lock down their receivers and pick off a couple passes, break a few more, basically limiting their game to a pedestrian passing game (by Clemson standards-still a pipe dream by Rutgers standards)) and forces he Tigers to settle for FGs and punts.

Basically, the game is the Orange's to lose. On paper, sure. Clemson wins going away. But in reality, the Orange has nothing to prove, nothing to lose, not a care in the world, time to "Major League" Clemson in Death Valley, shock the ACC, and give the Carolina Mafia the what for, to whit the Tiger fans will grudging support us (hey, we just beat their beloved Tigers, we can cut them some slack).

SU by 5, 35-30.
I hope we do to them what we did to LSU years ago in a bowl game.

Come out and punch them in the mouth.

They haven’t slaughtered anyone of note this year, it won’t start Saturday.

You’re really going to argue against a CFP appearance helping recruiting? “Didn’t know how to develop” What? Garrett Williams was rated barely inside the top 2000 as a recruit, and he’s turned into a top 5 corner in the nation. Garrett Shrader was a WR 2 years ago and our coaches have developed him into a 70%+ passer who throws a very tight ball. You really think we’re 6-0 right now if we couldn’t develop players? We’re 6-0 because we’re getting the best out of our 2/3 star players that nobody else wanted. Our defense is riddled with injuries and we have the highest rated defense in the conference. That’s coaching, and that’s also a big part of recruiting.
Shrader was also a 4 star QB recruit out of North Carolina.

Clemson has 58-1 history at home. A 30+ win streak at home. Top 5 team. Excellent defense. Good offense. Great coach. Great athletes. Great crowd support. Clemson has the odds makers support. Everything to lose.

So the Pitt loss in 2016...but didn't Jamies destroy them at home in 2013 or 2014?

So the Pitt loss in 2016...but didn't Jamies destroy them at home in 2013 or 2014?

That was before this current 37 game streak got started.

(and they are talking about "the Playoff era" aka - since 2014.
So maybe Jameis was in 2013 then? )
It was!! 51-14 L to the Fighting Crab Legs.
Like so:

Clempson plays 6 (or 7) home games / year, and they are now up to 37 straight.
Which makes sense, given that they didn't lose at home from 2017-2021 + however many games in '22 = 37.

Last edited:
Shrader was also a 4 star QB recruit out of North Carolina.
And he completed 57% of his passes for just over 1,000 yards in 10 games before getting moved to WR with the regime. Still a case of player development.

Last edited:
And he completed 57% of his passes for just over 1,000 yards in 10 games before getting moved to WR with the regime. Still a case of player development.

I don't disagree but its not like he was a WR going into Miss St from high school either ... he was moved due to a change in staff and system.

That was before this current 37 game streak got started.

(and they are talking about "the Playoff era" aka - since 2014.
So maybe Jameis was in 2013 then? )
It was!! 51-14 L to the Fighting Crab Legs.
Like so:

Clempson plays 6 (or 7) home games / year, and they are now up to 37 straight.
Which makes sense, given that they didn't lose at home from 2017-2021 + however many games in '22 = 37.

Thanks!

Damn..1 loss since the CFP

Do I fly down tomorrow and go to the game?? Was planning on it for weeks if we got here 6-0 but I was in bed sick Monday-Wednesday.

Feel good today but I’m usually more of a plan not rush guy. Guess it’s time to look at flight and ticket prices just in case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom