All Conference
Goalies:
Lamolinara??
Lerman??
Wardwell - MIA??
Defense? What defense?
Offense? What offense?
Man-up? You have to be kidding me?
FO - The commentators kept saying nobody know the rules. The other guys seem to know the rules. ?????

Just a -up everywhere...

Wardwell came out early to take pre-game warm ups in cage.

At least the carousel has stopped .. Lamo played the entire game.

Wardwell came out early to take pre-game warm ups in cage.

At least the carousel has stopped .. Lamo played the entire game.
Good to know - now, do we burn his redshirt just to see if we have another goalie?

Good to know - now, do we burn his redshirt just to see if we have another goalie?
Wardwell was injured pre-season. He has been practicing.

Yes, if he can't cut it, at least Desko would know and can move on.

I'd hate to have a killer squad in 2016 and be breaking in a new goalie. :)

Don't expect to see Lerman from here on out. I think we get Dom unless they want to roll the dice with Wardwell, but I've heard that he's had some issues adjusting to college the way a lot of our laxers do, and he isn't always there mentally. There is a chance they throw him out there, and some in the program thinks he's the best on the team, but idk if I want us burning a shirt this late.

I think Wardwell will probaby get his shirt burned and will play this year, theres no shot of us going anywhere with Lamo or Lerman unless Desko wants to use this as a a bridge/rebuilding year I wouldnt be shocked if Wardwell plays next week.

Don't expect to see Lerman from here on out. I think we get Dom unless they want to roll the dice with Wardwell, but I've heard that he's had some issues adjusting to college the way a lot of our laxers do, and he isn't always there mentally. There is a chance they throw him out there, and some in the program thinks he's the best on the team, but idk if I want us burning a shirt this late.

BK, why do you think Lerman is done? He looked good at times. Dom has not been that good lately. I would think if there is a change next week it's to go back to Matt, it would seem crazy to pull the shirt off Wardwell at this point.

BK, why do you think Lerman is done? He looked good at times. Dom has not been that good lately. I would think if there is a change next week it's to go back to Matt, it would seem crazy to pull the shirt off Wardwell at this point.

Theres still over half the season left including the BE tourney, more then enough time to burn Wardwells redshirt, the kid was an All - American and top recruit for a reason, its time to play him.

Theres still over half the season left including the BE tourney, more then enough time to burn Wardwells redshirt, the kid was an All - American and top recruit for a reason, its time to play him.

That's true, and its undeniable that when you watch us play, we are giving up goals that should be saved. But IMO, I see the midfield and offense as bigger issues to our success. Outside of Hopkins, we have had an opportunity to win every game. The defense has made stops when needed. The offense has failed to take advantage of many good opportunities in unsettled situations and/or man ups. Also, with our inability to win F/O's the D is forced to play a ton of minutes, and when behind aggressive which gives the other team open shots. I can't tell you how many times it seems that our d-middies get burnt playing out too far and the slide comes too late. In that instance, the goalie can only do so much. Jenkins is tough, but is too small. He got burned bad yesterday and we lucked out in that the shooter whiffed on the goal. My issues are mostly with the offense. TP has turned the ball over at an alarming rate. TD likes to try and bully his way in for a tough shot, and there is far too much passing around causally as opposed to strategically moving the ball inside out on offense. Keough used to make room inside by bullying people out of his way, Maltz is not playing tough enough inside. Unless Wardwell has the ability to clear like JG and give us more chances on offenses, I don't see how a true freshman coming in at this point, against a very very talented Duke squad is a smart move. And from what was written by an observer the other day, clearing is something BW is really struggling with. We simply can't have any more unforced TO's!

That's true, and its undeniable that when you watch us play, we are giving up goals that should be saved. But IMO, I see the midfield and offense as bigger issues to our success. Outside of Hopkins, we have had an opportunity to win every game. The defense has made stops when needed. The offense has failed to take advantage of many good opportunities in unsettled situations and/or man ups. Also, with our inability to win F/O's the D is forced to play a ton of minutes, and when behind aggressive which gives the other team open shots. I can't tell you how many times it seems that our d-middies get burnt playing out too far and the slide comes too late. In that instance, the goalie can only do so much. Jenkins is tough, but is too small. He got burned bad yesterday and we lucked out in that the shooter whiffed on the goal. My issues are mostly with the offense. TP has turned the ball over at an alarming rate. TD likes to try and bully his way in for a tough shot, and there is far too much passing around causally as opposed to strategically moving the ball inside out on offense. Keough used to make room inside by bullying people out of his way, Maltz is not playing tough enough inside. Unless Wardwell has the ability to clear like JG and give us more chances on offenses, I don't see how a true freshman coming in at this point, against a very very talented Duke squad is a smart move. And from what was written by an observer the other day, clearing is something BW is really struggling with. We simply can't have any more unforced TO's!

Good post I agree with a lot of what you said here, take a look at my new message I just posted it touches on a lot of what you said here.

It's just conjecture from someone who knows way more about the situation than I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom