These UConn ladies are out of control | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

These UConn ladies are out of control

The average weight US male weighs 195.5 vs females 166.2 or 17.6% more.
The average height US male is 69.7 inches vs 63.8 inches for females or 9.25% more.

The average women's basketball is 1 inch in circumference smaller (28.5 vs 29.5) or 3.5% smaller
The average women's basketball weighs 20 ounces vs 22 for men or 10% less weight

The basketball rim's height, the court dimensions are identical for both men and women. The 3 point line distances are even identical now.

No need to compare , no reason to compare. The college and NBA mens' games are different as are high school boys' games too.

We could have done better and should have but we fell apart and played hero ball. Seems like our strategy was to drive and draw fouls but all we did was turn the ball over. The refs swallow the whistle like I've never seen before. We are always very aggressive on defense but that worked against us big time. When we overplayed they found the open shooter every time. Our coaching was inflexible. Seems like the talent level between the two teams was not as great as 30 points. We fell behind early and then fell apart.

Holy cow, I can't agree with this. The disparity between the players was absurd. Just on size alone it looked like a high school team against 5th graders. They had bunny-hop travel girl hit what 9-11 from 3? Another one was on fire too. They hit everything inside. They were bigger, faster, and stronger. With skills. It was an order of magnitude difference.

Holy cow, I can't agree with this. The disparity between the players was absurd. Just on size alone it looked like a high school team against 5th graders. They had bunny-hop travel girl hit what 9-11 from 3? Another one was on fire too. They hit everything inside. They were bigger, faster, and stronger. With skills. It was an order of magnitude difference.

UConn also actually had more turnovers than SU - 10 vs 9. They also had 15 more free throw attempts. The UConn girl, Kia Nurse, who shot 10-13 is former SU women's player , Roxie Nurse's (Donovan McNabb's wife) niece. Uggh

And it makes women's college basketball a complete joke. No point to watching it. All the top players go to that school. They don't have the guts to blaze their own trails elsewhere, just like Breanna Stewart.

Breanna was a starter there all four years, don't blame her. What gets me is the girls who sit the bench for 2/3 years that would start anywhere else for four.

Breanna was a starter there all four years, don't blame her. What gets me is the girls who sit the bench for 2/3 years that would start anywhere else for four.
All true. Don't get me started on Breanna tho. I'll get slammed by some for saying this but in my book she is a coward. I get it, I'm a grown man, she's a 17 year old kid, it's her decision, bla bla bla, but she had Syracuse in her backyard and she could have taken the program to new heights on her own. What's she do? Ho hum safe bet like all the other Diana Taurausi's, she goes to UCONN and just adds more titles to the trophy case with all the other top recruits helping her. I respect people who blaze their own trails.

All true. Don't get me started on Breanna tho. I'll get slammed by some for saying this but in my book she is a coward. I get it, I'm a grown man, she's a 17 year old kid, it's her decision, bla bla bla, but she had Syracuse in her backyard and she could have taken the program to new heights on her own. What's she do? Ho hum safe bet like all the other Diana Taurausi's, she goes to UCONN and just adds more titles to the trophy case with all the other top recruits helping her. I respect people who blaze their own trails.

I'm not going to bash a kid for making that decision but I understand your POV. I think its hard for me to have an objective POV on this though. I could have been the best player in HighSchool and the unanimous #1 pick in the upcoming draft and I'd have been going to SU to play there until I won an national championship. Such is the view of someone who grew up being a fan.

The rise of UCONN = good for women's basketball, good for UCONN
The dominance of UCONN = bad for women's basketball, good for UCONN

I think it's the most boring sport on the planet due to their dominance. I kind of follow our women's team and got amped for their run last year. But the gap is so big that it makes me not want to care. Can some NBA team hire Geno?

I wonder if it's notable that UCONN's coach benched Stewart for a considerable period at least once. Is he simply different as a coach (or recruiter) than all the others?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom