These UConn ladies are out of control | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

These UConn ladies are out of control

Seriously tho...how is this UConn program good for womens hoops? How can it be good for one team to dominate by 30 or more each game?

How is it good for basketball to have one team that is so utterly dominant over everyone else as to make any game they play in a non-event?

Seriously tho...how is this UConn program good for womens hoops? How can it be good for one team to dominate by 30 or more each game?

How is it good for basketball to have one team that is so utterly dominant over everyone else as to make any game they play in a non-event?

It really has taken the fun out of it for me being in their bracket. I really enjoyed the Final 4 run last year and watch several regular season games also, so it's not like i just don't watch the women's game.

Then after they make more in a year than you do in three they can go work in the area they got to study in for free. Stupid broads.

35 of the 16500 athletes will be drafted

According to the records, in the year 2010 salary for the entire team of WNBA was $827,000. If a player had experience of three to fours years, then they were able to earn around $51,000 on an average in this season. While the salary for the rookies in WNBA team were around $35,190. average career length is 5.6 years.

check your facts jack.

I'm the exact opposite. I have fairly large hands with long fingers, and I can't shoot a women's ball to save my life. It's just too awkwardly small.

It takes me about 10-15 shots to get the feel for weight and size. I wouldn't say I have huge hands but I'm 6-2 and don't have small hands. Looks like 8" from heal to index tip, just guessing. I always had good touch though, from playing against my older brother and his friends. Lots of fading away and shooting while getting pushed.

I get this whole thing about ball size. But aren't both teams playing with the same size ball (1/2" difference from the men's ball, btw)? If both teams are playing with the same ball and rules it is foolish to complain that one team has an advantage.

I get this whole thing about ball size. But aren't both teams playing with the same size ball (1/2" difference from the men's ball, btw)? If both teams are playing with the same ball and rules it is foolish to complain that one team has an advantage.

There is no advantage. Statistically, I would think the most talented players in the world, male or female should shoot a better percentage with a slightly smaller ball if they are used to it.

You are right. But I think the discussion is comparing men's shooting percentage vs women's. Women were shooting at a rate only seen on a video game. The argument says the smaller ball is what allows women to shoot at that rate

Women versus women it obviously does not matter. But to the discussion as to whether the small size difference is really that big a deal versus men shooting it there is a huge difference.

Taking away the men with really big hands where the smaller ball is hard to get used to, the rest would shoot 70% with a women's ball. Once the really good shooters got used to the size and weight, they rarely never miss. If you have never shot one, you cannot understand the difference but as someone who was an ok shooter I can tell you that when I ref'd girls games and shot their ball I was Steph Curry (I would be willing to bet that he would make 80 out of a 100 threes with a women's ball).

Think about the fact that half of men's misses are mostly just off the mark when they rattle out - they are barely off the mark. Most of those are going in with a women's ball. The size difference sounds minimal but the reality is that it makes a huge difference when the rim is the same diameter.

I know a lot of these girls will play in regular pick up games with guys and use the regulation size ball, but when they are practicing do they use the big or little ball. It seems like it would be an advantage to practice with the big ball and then switch to the little ball. If you can make them with the big ball, you will make a higher % with the little.
No. The mens ball is heavier and screws up the muscle memory. I do not like my girls to shoot with the bigger ball in season.

UConn women are like what Wooden's UCLA men were in the 60's and early 70's. They have all the best players. The other teams aren't even close.

Interesting UConn played an exhibition game with men's basketball etc.

UConn experiments with bigger ball in exhibition win

That is pretty interesting about ball movement up and down the floor. That said for the little size difference it looks quite obvious side by side. I will say that it's an argument that isn't important because you still have to be a good shooter to shoot really well with a slightly smaller ball. Sure the very best of the best will still be the best no matter what ball they are shooting. They will adjust.

35 of the 16500 athletes will be drafted

According to the records, in the year 2010 salary for the entire team of WNBA was $827,000. If a player had experience of three to fours years, then they were able to earn around $51,000 on an average in this season. While the salary for the rookies in WNBA team were around $35,190. average career length is 5.6 years.

check your facts jack.

Check your facts jack

Average WNBA salary 76k for 5 months other 7 months the pros are in Europe china and especially Russia where Taurasi makes 1.5 million and Griner over a million.

Hell her Russian team paid taurasi 200k extra to SKIP a WNBA season. Sounds like you're pretty clueless here and it's funny that you are calling someone else out on facts.

Why are these WNBA stars in Russia? It's not just about the money

Forget about the size of the ball, why is a player allowed to catch a pass, bunny hop with both feet and then shoot a 3 that counts? They should have adding traveling to the women's rules as a higher priority than worrying about the size/weight of the ball.

UConn women are like what Wooden's UCLA men were in the 60's and early 70's. They have all the best players. The other teams aren't even close.

True. What's funny is that there is actually more parity in women's basketball now with #2 to through #30 having the ability to beat each other up - it's #1 UConn (like UCLA) that's out of whack.

Tennessee, Baylor, Stanford, UConn, Notre Dame used to challenge for #1 but after the top 4-5'teams the drop off was precipitous. Now the top 2 through 30 or so teams are pretty competitive and the precipice is between #1 and #2. The competitive balance is just out of whack alone currently in UConn's favor.

Check your facts jack

Average WNBA salary 76k for 5 months other 7 months the pros are in Europe china and especially Russia where Taurasi makes 1.5 million and Griner over a million.

Hell her Russian team paid taurasi 200k extra to SKIP a WNBA season. Sounds like you're pretty clueless here and it's funny that you are calling someone else out on facts.

Why are these WNBA stars in Russia? It's not just about the money
my numbers were 2010 verified. yours may be later but i'll trust them. 76k. think i'll still keep my job.
make more than average and work past age 26. except no title rings. nobody really follows women hoops.

Forget about the size of the ball, why is a player allowed to catch a pass, bunny hop with both feet and then shoot a 3 that counts? They should have adding traveling to the women's rules as a higher priority than worrying about the size/weight of the ball.

Funny, I noticed that too.

As lax as enforcement can be for the men, there's nothing quite that egregious.

my numbers were 2010 verified. yours may be later but i'll trust them. 76k. think i'll still keep my job.
make more than average and work past age 26. except no title rings. nobody really follows women hoops.
You know they can still enter the workforce with a degree at 26 right?

How come? The ball is smaller because their hands are smaller.
and their basket should also be lower.

We could have done better and should have but we fell apart and played hero ball. Seems like our strategy was to drive and draw fouls but all we did was turn the ball over. The refs swallow the whistle like I've never seen before. We are always very aggressive on defense but that worked against us big time. When we overplayed they found the open shooter every time. Our coaching was inflexible. Seems like the talent level between the two teams was not as great as 30 points. We fell behind early and then fell apart.

I'll go the other way there...the men's rim should be raised 6".
interesting. How many injuries are incurred on dunks and dunk attempts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom