These UConn ladies are out of control | Syracusefan.com

These UConn ladies are out of control

Trying to zone them is asking to get beat by 50.

Losing those 5 seniors is obviously huge. We'll see if Q can get the younger players to buy in and perform in his system next year. Big transition year. Love Sykes and Peterson. The Day twins never seem to get it done against better competition. Too skinny and get thrown around like ragdolls.

I mean, that team is unreal. Their shooting is almost video game quality. They are just so far ahead of everyone else in terms of ability.

They should use a regular size ball vs. the one they use. I'm sure those percentages drop significantly.

does anybody have the split ratings numbers of the NCAA mens/womens games they're running against each other this week ? not hearing a lot of water cooler talk about the ladies.

They should use a regular size ball vs. the one they use. I'm sure those percentages drop significantly.
I've always struggled with this. Since the rim is the same size, more shots are mathematically going to fall for the women. But, their hands are smaller by nature so the ball is bigger to them. I cant come to a definitive personal conclusion as to whether they should use a real ball or not.

There is a handful of teams left that could beat them still. South Carolina, Notre Dame, Mississippi State, Baylor, Maryland, Oregon State...seems like UConn already beat all of them this year though.

There is a handful of teams left that could beat them still.
I want this to be true so badly but frankly it's ludicrous. There isn't one team left that could beat them. Now if you're saying there are a couple teams left that could keep it within 30 I MAY agree

I've always struggled with this. Since the rim is the same size, more shots are mathematically going to fall for the women. But, their hands are smaller by nature so the ball is bigger to them. I cant come to a definitive personal conclusion as to whether they should use a real ball or not.

They should use the real thing imo. It reminds me of youth baseball back in the day when we used a rubber coated ball before graduating to the big boy ball. Time to take the training wheels off. :)

They should use a regular size ball vs. the one they use. I'm sure those percentages drop dramatically.

It was men who wanted women using the smaller ball hoping more women would dunk thus capture the male audience. When the male NCAA organization took over the separate women's College basketball organization (AIAW) in 1981, they changed the basketball size in 1984. It was a pain to transition to it. Now it would probably be a painful transition to go back.

How come? The ball is smaller because their hands are smaller.

How much smaller are they? If that's truly the argument, then make the basket smaller, like the amusement park game ones.

If you guys end up switching over to the Oregon-Duke game, check out Ruthie Hebard. Freshman, Alaska girl. She played on my girls daughters high school squad. Would have won State two years ago, if they didn't lose two girls in the tourny to injuries. Still only lost by like 3. Girl is a baller. Tried like hell to get her to go to Cuse, but I think I came into the picture too late.

It was men who wanted women using the smaller ball hoping more women would dunk thus capture the male audience. When the male NCAA organization took over the separate women's College basketball organization (AIAW) in 1981, they changed the basketball size in 1984. It was a pain to transition to it. Now it would probably be a painful transition to go back.
I know a lot of these girls will play in regular pick up games with guys and use the regulation size ball, but when they are practicing do they use the big or little ball. It seems like it would be an advantage to practice with the big ball and then switch to the little ball. If you can make them with the big ball, you will make a higher % with the little.

How much smaller are they? If that's truly the argument, then make the basket smaller, like the amusement park game ones.

28.5 inch circumference vs 29.5 inch circumference for men. 3.39% smaller

best ever. and they'll all move on to lucrative careers as barristas and real estate salespeople.

Then after they make more in a year than you do in three they can go work in the area they got to study in for free. Stupid broads.

ok let's get over all this hand jive

GTY_donald_trump_ml_160304_16x9_992.jpg

wvuwocad0rv8p3uwbuac.jpg

Is that practical when you have men's and women's teams sharing thousands of courts in America?

But to answer your question, the average length of a man's hand is 7.44" and the average length of a woman's is 6.77". (Donald Trump is significantly smaller than both)

How come? The ball is smaller because their hands are smaller.

Personally I don't care but the men's ball is 1/2 the inside diameter of the rim while the woman's is smaller. They sure have some great shooters but you can't compare it legitimately. I sure seem to get a lot more swishes with a laddies ball, not that it really matters.

I know a lot of these girls will play in regular pick up games with guys and use the regulation size ball, but when they are practicing do they use the big or little ball. It seems like it would be an advantage to practice with the big ball and then switch to the little ball. If you can make them with the big ball, you will make a higher % with the little.

Try it and see if it really is. Shooting is all touch and muscle memory for accuracy. There is a difference of 2 ounces or 9% in weight. The biggest difference is in the ball to hoop circumference to save money since the same hoop circumference is used for both men and women. No way high school, colleges want to have the added cost of changing hoops between men and men's game so the men didn't tinker with that.

I can tell most of you guys have never played against a good women's player. It's funny but women are far more wiling to play with the men's ball than men playing with the women's ball to test their theories. You'd think guys thought they'd were playing with a pink basketball. :p

I sure seem to get a lot more swishes with a laddies ball, not that it really matters.

I'm the exact opposite. I have fairly large hands with long fingers, and I can't shoot a women's ball to save my life. It's just too awkwardly small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom