They Fixed Preferred Pricing! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

They Fixed Preferred Pricing!

So when we are at the top of our division in Football, would you be willing to pay more than previously?

Everyone so far has mentioned how bad we've been. Would you rather the team be good and pay more, because we will be under Babers or would you rather they stay bad so you can pay cheaper prices for tickets?

Most other fanbases throw money at their programs to ensure that they are good and stay good. Donations beyond donations...and we bitch about paying a few hundred more for parking and not getting discounts on both basketball AND football.

Cheap parking at Clemson is $125 a game to park in a swamp a mile away from the stadium along with $1200/a year for 4 seats not including donation. People there have been paying those prices for 15+ years Clemson hasn't been that good for that long, amazingly no bitching from their fanbase.

My company is moving to Greenville S.C. and every new employee is a Clemson fan.

The comparisons to Clemson are ridiculous. They've continuously expanded their football stadium due to demand for tickets. Syracuse Football doesn't have close to the same support, even during the glory years of the program. The support is so low that they are discussing reducing capacity in what is already one of the smallest Power 5 stadiums. It's a strange tactic to double the price for your most loyal financial supporters when there is extremely low demand for your product. The University could have done numerous things to soften the blow, but all they could come up with is brunch with the coach?

My first day on the job in 2013: "Hey Kev - football pricing sucks"

Ah finally, after 3 years of me complaining, it changes. Obviously there is some backlash to anytime something is new but this is overall a very good move by Di Fino & Co.

ONLY change they should add is 2nd level corner endzone - why is that not $125? Silly.

CuseOnly said:
So when we are at the top of our division in Football, would you be willing to pay more than previously? Everyone so far has mentioned how bad we've been. Would you rather the team be good and pay more, because we will be under Babers or would you rather they stay bad so you can pay cheaper prices for tickets? Most other fanbases throw money at their programs to ensure that they are good and stay good. Donations beyond donations...and we bitch about paying a few hundred more for parking and not getting discounts on both basketball AND football. Cheap parking at Clemson is $125 a game to park in a swamp a mile away from the stadium along with $1200/a year for 4 seats not including donation. People there have been paying those prices for 15+ years Clemson hasn't been that good for that long, amazingly no bitching from their fanbase. My company is moving to Greenville S.C. and every new employee is a Clemson fan.

A football only fan huh?

Seems like this will cost SU money.

This change will do wonders for the individual ticket types but STHs will go down. Games in the A level will go from $135 to $90. The BBall people who were paying a $50 donation per seat aren't likely to get season tickets. That is a $250 loss per seat. The people who were FB only were paying $650 in donation and are now only paying $250. That is a $400 loss per seat. The individual tickets will go up but not enough to offset the loss. New STHs could go up, but that is assuming the $10k requirement is gone. Even so the product isn't worth the $250 donation for a new STH.

21537500-standard.png

Syracuse football making price changes to season tickets, moving up renewal date
this is just a quick first reaction
a) GREAT!
b) it's a little weird that you pay an additional $250 to move down 2 rows by the 50.

I have seasons for both too but my football seat is around the 35 yard line and we use them. The University knows who uses their season football tickets and who doesn't. I used to get an email after each game thanking us for attending. Am I now going to be penalized because they want to punish those who buy and don't attend?
what are they supposed to do? those seats are empty.

basketball only fans who really want cheap seats to football and who will actually go to games can still get them, they're just going to be up with us peasants, it's really not so bad. and some of us peasants who live too far to be basketball season ticket holders can upgrade to your old seats

Seems like this will cost SU money.

This change will do wonders for the individual ticket types but STHs will go down. Games in the A level will go from $135 to $90. The BBall people who were paying a $50 donation per seat aren't likely to get season tickets. That is a $250 loss per seat. The people who were FB only were paying $650 in donation and are now only paying $250. That is a $400 loss per seat. The individual tickets will go up but not enough to offset the loss. New STHs could go up, but that is assuming the $10k requirement is gone. Even so the product isn't worth the $250 donation for a new STH.

more people in attendance would make up for those other losses in concessions and merchandise.

Well I understand the need to modify the preferred seating situation for Football, it clearly needed to be modified/shaken up. But man they did a number on the parking pass costs. The fine lot tailgate might be changing its name to the Skytop lot tailgate. I am not even sure if you can get a red parking pass if your not a preferred ticket holder at this point. Of course my seats are just outside the preferred area. Will have to see what SU is going to allow but at minimum it looks like $500 a year to park now in the fine lot.

Parking won't increase if you meet the donation level in your preferred seat donation. The preferred seat donation counts toward your parking. If you just paid the minimum Orange Pack donation, it won't be enough to get a west lot parking pass.

Quicks ?, for those of us who donate to the orange pack and buy a parking pass who don't have a preferred seat will we still be able to get a west lot pass?

JeremyCuse said:
Quicks ?, for those of us who donate to the orange pack and buy a parking pass who don't have a preferred seat will we still be able to get a west lot pass?

My guess is yes. The $300 would need to be donated to the orange club then you pay $200 for the pass. My suggestion would be to call the dome, 443-2121, for clarification.

The comparisons to Clemson are ridiculous. They've continuously expanded their football stadium due to demand for tickets. Syracuse Football doesn't have close to the same support, even during the glory years of the program. The support is so low that they are discussing reducing capacity in what is already one of the smallest Power 5 stadiums. It's a strange tactic to double the price for your most loyal financial supporters when there is extremely low demand for your product. The University could have done numerous things to soften the blow, but all they could come up with is brunch with the coach?
Too many of those "most loyal financial supporters" don't bother showing up to games. They're understandably fed up with the no-shows. Is there a better solution?

I bet it looks fuller between the 30s next year...just a hunch.

Really bad TV optics during games...we have a P5 endzone and a MAC sideline
Maybe it's an XBox generation thing - they grew up with Madden's camera that the sideline view just makes them uncomfortable.

Maybe it's an XBox generation thing - they grew up with Madden's camera that the sideline view just makes them uncomfortable.
Definitely pricing for me. I come to 3-4 games a year and can't justify spending more than $125 if I'm going to miss 3-4 as well and can't resell.

Now, I might upgrade to $225s midfield next year.

more people in attendance would make up for those other losses in concessions and merchandise.

Where are those coming from? Who is paying $10k right now to get an A level seat as a new STH. Even if the $10k policy is gone, who is paying $500 per seat to sit in A level as a new STH?

Sure when we can get 40k it will even out but that isn't happening for a few years.

Too many of those "most loyal financial supporters" don't bother showing up to games. They're understandably fed up with the no-shows. Is there a better solution?

It depends on if those people are required to pay a full BBall donation or not. Say the BBall donation is $900 and for people who go to both it is only $800. That discount helps the people who actually go to the FB games. But at the same time ups the difference for a combo from $50 per seat to $150 per seat, which is enough to stop a no show from buying.

Well I understand the need to modify the preferred seating situation for Football, it clearly needed to be modified/shaken up. But man they did a number on the parking pass costs. The fine lot tailgate might be changing its name to the Skytop lot tailgate. I am not even sure if you can get a red parking pass if your not a preferred ticket holder at this point. Of course my seats are just outside the preferred area. Will have to see what SU is going to allow but at minimum it looks like $500 a year to park now in the fine lot.

you board members who plan and organize the tailgates should all chip in and buy a group pass. take up donations and get a few passes.

Just got my answers. ALL donations to the Orange Pack count towards the donation required for parking passes to either sport. So a basketball donation does count towards the required orange pack donation for the Fine Lot.

I added up all costs for football and basketball seats, donations and parking and it looks like my total bill goes down a little. For some it will go up, some down.

Wish they would open up those empty parking spots near Gate D so I could park right next to the Dome and be a few steps from my car to my seat!

Getting older now so is there any discount for elderly pricing?

Reactions: FAL