They Fixed Preferred Pricing! | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

They Fixed Preferred Pricing!

Your football must still be C level? My C level football are no longer donation.

Yes, both are C level. They are charging us $190 for football but we're in 130 though.

Sorry if this has already been covered but any idea when a 1st time season ticket buyer like myself can purchase? The "Orange" $225 in the 300s midfield are perfect for me. Also, am I reading correctly that parking at Skytop & taking the shuttle will now be $80 for the season instead of the current $15 per game?

Sorry if this has already been covered but any idea when a 1st time season ticket buyer like myself can purchase? The "Orange" $225 in the 300s midfield are perfect for me. Also, am I reading correctly that parking at Skytop & taking the shuttle will now be $80 for the season instead of the current $15 per game?

i think its $15 a game(7 home games next year) or $8o if you buy a season pass for skytop

the 9 payment plan option question: is the payment you make today renewing basically replace the one listed for 12/16 or does it just make it so your paid off by july 21 instead of aug 18?
First payment is made when you put in your info, monthly thereafter. Subsequent payments are deducted on the third Friday each month January thru August.

First payment is made when you put in your info, monthly thereafter. Subsequent payments are deducted on the third Friday each month January thru August.
Thanks

Sometime mid/late Spring...you might not get what you want...you can try to move your 2nd season. Existing STHers have priority to move before 1st time STHers.

TexanMark said:
Sometime mid/late Spring...you might not get what you want...you can try to move your 2nd season. Existing STHers have priority to move before 1st time STHers.

It was first week of March this past season

Jeepers said:
Never bought seasons (not local). Can you choose your actual seats?

Yes absolutely.

HRE Otto IV said:
Seems like this will cost SU money.

This change will do wonders for the individual ticket types but STHs will go down. Games in the A level will go from $135 to $90. The BBall people who were paying a $50 donation per seat aren't likely to get season tickets. That is a $250 loss per seat. The people who were FB only were paying $650 in donation and are now only paying $250. That is a $400 loss per seat. The individual tickets will go up but not enough to offset the loss. New STHs could go up, but that is assuming the $10k requirement is gone. Even so the product isn't worth the $250 donation for a new STH.

This assesment makes a ton of sense to me.

Seems like this will cost SU money.

This change will do wonders for the individual ticket types but STHs will go down. Games in the A level will go from $135 to $90. The BBall people who were paying a $50 donation per seat aren't likely to get season tickets. That is a $250 loss per seat. The people who were FB only were paying $650 in donation and are now only paying $250. That is a $400 loss per seat. The individual tickets will go up but not enough to offset the loss. New STHs could go up, but that is assuming the $10k requirement is gone. Even so the product isn't worth the $250 donation for a new STH.

I think the product is worth the $250 donation, especially if you pay it over 9 months.

They need to get people in the door, even if it's a short term loss. More fans will help recruiting. And that's about our only hope of returning to a Top 25 level team. If we pull it off, you increase the prices to match demand.

I don't think there's a magical coach out there that turns us into the program we want if only 30k are going to show up in a stadium that holds 50k. Have to at least get that number to 40k and I think the combo of Dino with more time and a flatter pricing structure is the best way to accomplish it.

I strongly applaud everyone involved in this change. Our STH group of six is looking to upgrade even though most of us only go to one game per year. It's mostly a response to this change but partially because we'd like to change who we sit next to. (other than ourselves).

Wow, 80% of those are great single game priced tickets, including the donation.

The other 20% are incredible single game piriced tickets.

the orange club donation is a tax write isnt it off so there is some value in that when its being used to pay for parking.

I think the product is worth the $250 donation, especially if you pay it over 9 months.

They need to get people in the door, even if it's a short term loss. More fans will help recruiting. And that's about our only hope of returning to a Top 25 level team. If we pull it off, you increase the prices to match demand.

I don't think there's a magical coach out there that turns us into the program we want if only 30k are going to show up in a stadium that holds 50k. Have to at least get that number to 40k and I think the combo of Dino with more time and a flatter pricing structure is the best way to accomplish it.

I strongly applaud everyone involved in this change. Our STH group of six is looking to upgrade even though most of us only go to one game per year. It's mostly a response to this change but partially because we'd like to change who we sit next to. (other than ourselves).

You think many people will buy $500 season tickets when one section over there are $225 season tickets? And that is assuming that the $10k buy in is gone.

I am totally for trying to get more people in the door. By shrinking C & D level seats you will certainly achieve that. Also I am totally for shrinking the donations for preferred, which was certainly done for the football only folks. However raising the donation for the combo people will likely lose STHs or have those STHs move their seats, which means we will still have a lot of empty seats around the 50s.

You think many people will buy $500 season tickets when one section over there are $225 season tickets? And that is assuming that the $10k buy in is gone.

I am totally for trying to get more people in the door. By shrinking C & D level seats you will certainly achieve that. Also I am totally for shrinking the donations for preferred, which was certainly done for the football only folks. However raising the donation for the combo people will likely lose STHs or have those STHs move their seats, which means we will still have a lot of empty seats around the 50s.

I'm not sure, but I think it's a good and fair test to see what this market will bear right now. I do think there's a status thing to sitting between the 40s, and you don't need a ton of people to fill that up.

I think as you promote this, you have to keep stressing that this is the cheapest ticket in power 5 football. You can sit on the 50 yard line in a stadium where your seats are right on the field for the same price (or cheaper) as what you would pay for top end zone rows at Tennessee, Michigan, Penn State, etc.

If this doesn't work out, you can tweak it again next year. But as I said, I love that they looked around the Dome, listened to feedback, and put this out there.

I'm not sure, but I think it's a good and fair test to see what this market will bear right now. I do think there's a status thing to sitting between the 40s, and you don't need a ton of people to fill that up.

I think as you promote this, you have to keep stressing that this is the cheapest ticket in power 5 football. You can sit on the 50 yard line in a stadium where your seats are right on the field for the same price (or cheaper) as what you would pay for top end zone rows at Tennessee, Michigan, Penn State, etc.

If this doesn't work out, you can tweak it again next year. But as I said, I love that they looked around the Dome, listened to feedback, and put this out there.

you can't keep selling tickets to people who don't show up. there is real economic value to not having the games look pathetic on TV

you can't keep selling tickets to people who don't show up. there is real economic value to not having the games look pathetic on TV

Personally I think it's more important to get the people watching on tv off their couches and actually at the games. Bet blacking the games out 50 to 100 miles would help too. Hope this pricing effort will help overall and not just move the people already attending around some.

For new STHers?

I called yesterday- thought I would share my findings. Essentially I wanted to go from 2 football season tickets to three and upgrade in the process. If you are an existing STH you can only purchase net new seats NOW but then hope to upgrade existing tickets in April 2017. The idea, in theory, is that more inventory is available when folks don't renew.

So in my case, I would purchase one new seat but then theoretically have to wait/try to "match" my two upgraded seats in April next to the new seat. This doesn't make any sense.

I asked if I could purchase directly out of existing inventory ("You have a customer who wants to spend money yet you are telling me I have to wait until April. In what world does this make sense?") and was told that if I bought them net new and forgo the early renewal points (50), we could do this. Since I have very few points anyway and wanted to lock in seats for next year (along with the nine month payment plan), I proceeded...

Guy who I spoke with was very pleasant, patient and helpful...but still a crazy process, in my opinion.

I called yesterday- thought I would share my findings. Essentially I wanted to go from 2 football season tickets to three and upgrade in the process. If you are an existing STH you can only purchase net new seats NOW but then hope to upgrade existing tickets in April 2017. The idea, in theory, is that more inventory is available when folks don't renew.

So in my case, I would purchase one new seat but then theoretically have to wait/try to "match" my two upgraded seats in April next to the new seat. This doesn't make any sense.

I asked if I could purchase directly out of existing inventory ("You have a customer who wants to spend money yet you are telling me I have to wait until April. In what world does this make sense?") and was told that if I bought them net new and forgo the early renewal points (50), we could do this. Since I have very few points anyway and wanted to lock in seats for next year (along with the nine month payment plan), I proceeded...

Guy who I spoke with was very pleasant, patient and helpful...but still a crazy process, in my opinion.
I work in sports ticketing. This is unfortunately how it works.

Personally I think it's more important to get the people watching on tv off their couches and actually at the games. Bet blacking the games out 50 to 100 miles would help too. Hope this pricing effort will help overall and not just move the people already attending around some.
on the other hand, if there's nothing you can do about everyone watching it at home, might as well make it look good on TV

(i'm sure food lion and bojangles would be very upset if the ACC network blacked out their advertising in syracuse if there were anyone in syracuse had ever ever laid eyes on a food lion or bojangles)

you can plug in whatever intangible value to justify anything but there has to be value in making the program look less pitiful on TV

I think blackouts would have an "out of sight, out of mind effect." People who have passing interest in the program would tune out completely, instead of maybe seeing games on TV, seeing what Dino is doing with the program, and become interested in actually attending in person.

I was a wrestling fan in the 80s, sorta grew up (ok, I didn't) and didn't watch for my late HS, college and early grad years.

then 1 day, I noticed wrestling, (Monday Night Raw) was live at the Knickerbocker Arena and I said, cool..ill check it out.

so I put it on, and sweet jesus there was 18k people there going fluckin nuts for this big scary dude who called himself the Undertaker and this cool dude swearing up a storm & drinking beer in the ring...Stone Cold Steve Austin, and I said...im not fluckin missing this again.

moral of the story...

put people in the seats, show em a good time, put it on tv and the crowds will only continue to grow.

former meathead, but football fans will flock back once they see that Syracuse is with it.

Orange is the new Fast...

and that's the bottom line, because Kaiser said so...

the orange club donation is a tax write isnt it off so there is some value in that when its being used to pay for parking.

Depends how much stuff you have to itemize

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom