Things Almost Got Ugly in the Hallway | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Things Almost Got Ugly in the Hallway

the seats are not the only people in the building.

Yup - concessions people, ushers, security, medical , custodians, police, coaches, players, the million support people for Clemson ;), broadcast teams, press on and on ...

Well there's a curve ball. We can officially announce whatever we want.

Clemson has so many assistant coaches, they nearly broke a record!

Yup - concessions people, ushers, security, medical , custodians, police, coaches, players, the million support people for Clemson ;), broadcast teams, press on and on ...
One of the ways Kentucky got around their relatively small basketball arena to lead the country in attendance was to start counting everyone in the building as part of their attendance.

We surely have adopted the same practice.

Yes I realize what "sell-out" actually means.

It was not actually sold out.

SU *SOLD* all of the available tickets. To somebody - in some cases, brokers.
Hence - SELLOUT.

Now, those brokers may not have RE-SOLD all of the tickets they bought, on the secondary market -
but it doesn't change the fact that SU SOLD OUT all of the seats on the primary market.

Words have meanings.

It's is not required that every seat that was SOLD, also have a butt in it, for it to count as being SOLD.

I'm still confused how we sold 50,200 seats in a stadium that has a seating capacity of 49,262. Did we take back the ADA seating? (in your face wheelchair people and yes I'm TOTALLY joking).

That's ok. I'm in a wheelchair and thought it was funny

Well then it's not the case that "a sellout means that all the ticket inventory controlled by the school was sold."

Round and round we go.

It's cool to admit that SU made it up. (And it's impossible to back up the claim that they didn't without getting caught in this cycle of contradictions.)

Words have meanings.

It's is not required that every seat that was SOLD, also have a butt in it, for it to count as being SOLD.

Exactly. And SU only has 49,262 seats to sell.

Btw, Unknown knows of what he speaks. I don't think anyone on here trumps his ticket management knowledge.

Exactly. And SU only has 49,262 seats to sell.

Btw, Unknown knows of what he speaks. I don't think anyone on here trumps his ticket management knowledge.

Bnoro ? Isn't that what he does?

SU *SOLD* all of the available tickets. To somebody - in some cases, brokers.
Hence - SELLOUT.

Now, those brokers may not have RE-SOLD all of the tickets they bought, on the secondary market -
but it doesn't change the fact that SU SOLD OUT all of the seats on the primary market.

Words have meanings.

Yes.

Words have meaning.

SU did NOT sell every available seat

And yes bnoro and I both have the ticketing experience

Does it really matter? Probably not. But tickets to me is like tubas to SUTomCat - that kind of stuff gets way under my skin.

Crowd was awesome though - I hope to see many more like it

On paper it's a good idea, but I don't think it'd help.

How many people who don't give a thought to which gate is appropriate are the same people who would never check their tickets to see which gate is mandatory? 85%? 99%?

They'd all clog up the same security lines, get to the revolving doors, and make a big production when they're told it's the wrong gate.
I've been to venues before where I have been redirected to the proper gate. Happens once and you get the idea. And it could be launched as a soft initiatives. "Excuse me sir, this is Gate N. You should be enterring at Gate C. It will keep you out of the crowded hallways longer. We're going to be making that mandatory next week."

Last edited:

AKA the SEC model of attendance reporting.

I've been to venues before where I have been redirected to the proper gate. Happens once and you get the idea. And it could be launched as a soft initiatives. "Excuse me sir, this is GateN. You should be enterring at Gate C. It will keep you out of the crowded hallways longer. We're going to bemaking that mandatory next week."

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Not a Dome story, but I went to the Paralympics opening ceremony in 1996 in Atlanta's Olympic stadium. It was a brand new stadium and my Dad and I went in the gate that was on the total opposite side that we needed to be on. Going through that concourse in my wheelchair with 80,000 of my closest friends surrounding me, I had a few inches of breathing room for about 20-25 minutes. Never felt more claustrophobic in my life.

Well there's a curve ball. We can officially announce whatever we want.

Clemson has so many assistant coaches, they nearly broke a record!
are we counting attendance or attendants ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom